Thread: Screen turns pink in Toshiba Satellite T200

Screen turns pink in Toshiba Satellite T200

I have a bought a Toshiba satellite P200 laptop which is installed with Windows Vista 64 bit. The laptop was working fine for all these days but now the Screen of the laptop turns pink frequently. Does this mean the screen of the laptop is going bad? Is this some hardware related issue? How do I solve this problem. Any help regarding the topic is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Screen turns pink in Toshiba Satellite T200

There are many reasons for the screen of the laptop turning pink. First of all check if there is no strong magnetic field active near the laptop. Magnetic field is responsible for the turning the display of the computer to pink. Therefore if there is strong magnetic field surrounding the laptop, remove the laptop from the vicinity and then check if the screen is still pink or not.

Probably the display which you are using is going bad. The monitor of the laptop is made up of LCD which does not get affected by any magnetic field. Therefore there is a high possibility that the screen has developed some faults which is resulting in the screen turning pink. Get the display checked by some expert, to know more about the fault.

I had the same issue with my Dell laptop. Certain areas on the screen had turned pink. The pink color was more visible on the white background. I searched for solution and finally found out that the problem was there with the display drivers installed on the laptop. I removed the display drivers and installed an updated version. After installing the updated version of the drivers, the problem was solved.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast, as suggested I removed the earlier installed display drivers from the computer and downloaded the latest version of the drivers. After installing the latest version of the drivers, still the screen of the laptop turns pink frequently. So is there any alternate solution? Please help.

As updating the drivers did not help, I suspect that it is some hardware issue. Did the laptop undergo any physical damage? The laptop is very fragile thing. A slightest physical shock can create such problems with the laptop. Get the laptop checked and get the faulty hardware replaced as soon as possible.

The LCD display of the laptop has a backlight bulb which illuminates the display. If the backlight bulb is failing the display wont be properly seen on the laptop. Hence I will suggest that you get the backlight bulb of the laptop checked and replaced if faulty. After replacing the bulb, you will not face the same problems again.