Thread: TomTom 920 simply won't turn on

TomTom 920 simply won't turn on

Hello,I have been using the TomTom 920 I have a TomTom 920 but i think that the battery is dead because TomTom 920 simply won't turn on I searched it for a very long time so please tell me why my TomTom 920 simply won't turn on Any one facing this problem i would appreciate your help in this matter.

Re: TomTom 920 simply won't turn on

Always thinking by manipulating the touch screen device that is fragile.

• Turn off the device and remove the memory card.
    • Gently remove the two black rubber adhesive tapes, which hide the screws.
    • A key utlise Alen "good size is preferable, but we managed very well to handle without damaging the screw with a simple mini screwdriver of 2-3 mm.
    • Take without forcing the hull of the aircraft, and also carefully remove the frame around the screen.
    • Avoid placing the fingers on the sides of circuits Electonics. Handle them by grabbing the edges.

First ensure that the security is not in progress. Tomtom indeed provides a guaranteed constructor of 2 years. In fact, any opening of the shell of the unit cancels the warranty. Have your hands very clean, get comfortably seated at a table in full light, work on a soft surface (fleece, thick fabrics, rubber mat). Getting grounded by touching a metal facet just before sitting down in front of the camera. This helps to discharge static electricity which can be fatal to certain components.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Follow the steps which are mentioned below in order to get rid of this problem
    • Unscrew the screws holding the electronics. The GPS chip is square on the PCB above the main PCB. Once the screws removed, do not attempt to disconnect the circuit chip GPS!
    • Just doing the whole switch with caution.
    • Disconnect the battery (white connector son three: red, black, yellow).
    • Unscrew and remove the metal tab located above the battery. The latter can then be replaced.
    • Repeat the operation in reverse.

The dismantling of the GO-710 to realize the high quality of realization. The GO are truly beautiful aircraft. What a pity it is marred by battery problems, problems occur sometimes brutally and unexpectedly, leaving the user disabled. Indeed, nothing is said about their replacement in the manual (at least the one I bought in early 2007). While the vast majority of mobile phones are equipped with a battery that replaces two-time three movements, it is a shame this type of Tomtom GPS must be returned in either a workshop or a dismantling careful and not really safe to replace a single battery! Hopefully the manufacturer will consider in the future.
    Last edited by Lambard; 11-06-2010 at 04:40 AM.

I have a tomtom 910 from July 2007 bought in Andorra, and the battery is charging more, I put a new one and the problem still indicative of the battery is on the minimum and that after hours of connection to the vehicle or on the sector. That she would be the solution to remedy this. Thank you kindly answer

I think that the problem is with your battery and hence i would suggest you to get your battery changed but before changing the battery try to check it by charging the battery with the help of another charger or from a different source. This would give you a clear idea about the battery whether it has been damaged or not.