Thread: Battery will not hold charge on TomTom 300

Battery will not hold charge on TomTom 300

Hello, I have a problem with my GPS TOM TOM ONE, The Battery will not hold charge on TomTom 300. To resolve this issue i tried searching i on google but no solutions were found. In desperation i tried to charge the battery using another port but this too won't help. In fact, I put on the sector for reloading and now, nothing, just the little green light on top. Could someone help me?

Re: Battery will not hold charge on TomTom 300

The extent or TOMTOM appears as is still under warranty the willing sellers are enough to rehabilitate a TomTom, they have procedures specific product code "go anywhere", it unloads the SAV TOMTOM, Info for licenses "go anywhere" it is also computer software and even in automotive repair. I know someone who has had the same problem as you and he received a new TOMTOM Gadget from the vendor. You know you not only had this problem , I know people who have no nothing was left with a hacked TOMTOM who did not want to start and some vendors did not replace the device, depending perhaps how you have submitted the matter to the seller.

In fact, lithium polymer batteries are a class of lithium-ion (Li-ion) their real name is Li-ion polymer (Li-Po). They provide an energy density much higher than other technologies for a lower weight. In addition they have no memory effect, they have a self discharge almost negligible and require no special maintenance. A big fault appears, however, this technology gets used even when not in use. For GO 930 has a rechargeable Li-ion 1200mAh / 3.7V = 4.44W. In theory it gives (ignoring the regulator circuit load Tomtom). When it is plugged into a USB port that will deliver 2.5W = 500mA/5V is a charging time of 2 hours (tomtom off) For a USB charger 1000Ma/5V = 5W is a charging time of 1 hour (tomtom off).

When you switch off your TomTom sure there are at least 40% of battery capacity because the elements Li-ion embark electronics that needs to stay energized. The LED that illuminates on your tomtom (Rider except with no LED) indicates that the device is powered by an external source. (Even if the load is done when needed is not an indicator load) When you connect your TomTom to the computer make sure the battery is sufficiently charged if there is a risk of not recognizing the device or the PC crashes in court proceedings, the best is to connect the sector to work undisturbed.

For storing your TomTom for a longer period of time.

• A battery should be stored as charged.
    • It must be stored in a dry place, away from sunlight.
    • It must be kept charged by a trickle charge at regular intervals. The frequency and type of load depends on the model of the battery.
    • For extended storage, we recommend you switch off your device: pressing the stop button → unit goes to sleep → Pressing Reset: the device is turned off.
    • Of the new TomTom ONE (One 310), TomTom XL (XL 310) and GO 740/940 Live: there is no reset button! The software reset is
    • Support on the ON / OFF for more than 17.5 seconds, the Tomtom will reset by rebooting.
    • Support for less than 15 seconds, the Tomtom starts normally.
    • To store your Tomtom, stopwatch in hand, you must press the On / Off between 15.5 and 17 seconds, the Tomtom will then completely stopped.

When the Tomtom is off, this one is not stopped, but it is in hibernation. Hibernation is a source of power consumption between 5 and 10 mAh. If your TomTom has a battery of 1100 mAh (Tomtom One New Edition), the standby time is extended by about 7-8 days. If no battery charge is made after this time, the battery is cut to 5-10% of its capacity to protect themselves. To turn off (almost) completely Tomtom: support on the stop button -> unit goes to sleep -> Pressing Reset: the device is off.

Leaving the TomTom connected to AC all day is not a problem, the charge controller cutting it when the battery is charged, but doing this every day can be detrimental in the long term because since the battery n 'makes no charge discharge cycle optimal. I think that this should resolve the issue.