Thread: TomTom 720 won't back up and falters during operations

TomTom 720 won't back up and falters during operations

Recently purchased a TomTom Go 720. Before downloading the software updates and maps, I followed your advice to make backups, but I do not understand why the backup made with Tomtom Home is smaller 675 files and 45 folders that performed directly copying the contents of the card (677 files and 50 folders)Initailly. Hence i tried backing up but this time the TomTom 720 won't back up and falters during operations. Can someone explain...Mishandling of me! Therefore, I dare not do update. In advance thank you
    Last edited by Dingbang; 11-06-2010 at 01:23 AM.

Re: TomTom 720 won't back up and falters during operations

no, no error on your part, thus Safeguards TomtomHome saves all configuration and system files, not force all files that is why I advocated a complete backup every time (via Explorer) by copying and pasting. Before the updates, can you tell me if you download a file on your PC and then running it to the update on the TomTom, or that is installed automatically as and whenever download. I ask this because I have a 512k connection and the update of maps is pleased 1.7 GB

I do not think this is possible! However, you can try: startup, TomTom HOME request if you want to connect to internal memory or external memory (SD) click on external memory and then click on search for updates. Maybe the card is downloaded and installed on the DS. Otherwise, you restore all the content on your TomTom SD (via Windows Explorer) and then, TomTom HOME/ External Memory (SD) and search for Maj.

I have a tomtom go720 for 5 months. Recently, wanting to erase my SD card, I found myself to erase the memory of the GPS. Balance, more maps. I did not know he had to do a backup to start! I brought my tomtom in the supermarket where I bought it, they gave me the number of the hotline. I called, they told me they could not do anything on their side, need to buy a map on their site. Can you help me??? What should I do? Does anyone have maybe a backup of this type of device

Can not be repeated enough! ! ! ! There first thing to do when starting its TOMTOM GPS or any other, for the first time, is make absolutely a full backup of the TomTom with Windows Explorer having taken care previously to display hidden files and folders, and then make a suvegarde with TomTom HOME software, two backups are better than one, TOMTOM HOME backups sometimes posing serious problem when restartation. One possibility might be to use Recuva is a recovery of deleted files He also works on external and removable media, but on the RAM? ? ? ? How it works with MP3-PLAYER then with your TOMTOM perhaps.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 11-06-2010 at 01:35 AM.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

In general GPS users have a backup of their GPS but sorry you but say it is a solution that does not work, there may be a way illegal copy / restore your TOMTOM but you will not find here! ! ! .

A few months ago a similar issues arrived the unit is under warranty I went to the FNAC m which restored all this in less than half an hour Is your product still under warranty. Whether a service worthy of the name must be going in my opinion they are not alone in this case people of my tomtom does it provide the explanation of codes needed to restore the unit. It is true that I came across people particulary friendly