Thread: Installing fonts on ipad

Installing fonts on ipad

Recently i have bought a new Ipad and hence i am not very much familiar about it. After going through the guided tour of the iPad i was thinking to change the font but i could not find out a way to install new fonts on the iPad. I would appreciate if some one can help me in this regard that is if someone can tell me the procedure for installing fonts on ipad

Re: Installing fonts on ipad

So far mac i concerned i think you can simply install new fonts on the machine by simply downloading the fonts and then selecting the appropriate folder nad clicking install. Where as the process for the ipad is not mentioned anywhere i think that apple will soon release new fonts for the iPad so till then you will have to wait.

in the Apple Ipad there is no way to add a font or install fonts on the device till today. So i would suggest forget this thought and let apple release the same in future if you want you can write on ipad apple fourms about the same you will be notified by them whenever such kind of release will take place. All the best

To install a new font, so you have to manually put them either in the first case to be usable by the user either the x or y into the second location for all Mac users are benefiting.

I recently found a pretty handy way to quickly view a font not installed and then decide to install it or not ...

Is a feature of Font Book in Mac OSX 10.3!. There must be a similar way to install fonts in the ipad too.

If you are someone who likes editing images with text, or make some kind of logo using text, maybe that you find interesting and useful to others. Use different fonts in different types of documents and files, is a way to add a personal touch and different from our work, whatever they are, formal, design, hobbies or tasks. Very easy to install internet download sources here in Ipad you will have to wait for some times till it is released.

As far as i have used the apple ipad there are not fonts that can be used for ipad. There is no font yet released for the apple ipad. The best thing will be to forget this thought and wait till the apple releases the same. it would be better if you can write in the apple forums community to notify apple about this problem.

The iPad comes with a huge number of pre-installed Fonts which you can use to render the Graphical User Interface of your application. To pick the right Typeface I found a handy App named iTalics. It shows you all the available Fonts of the iOS in flexible sizes and colors. You can download iTalics from the App Store:

itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/italics/id366581431?mt=8