Thread: How to fix sync recurring events between 2 pc

How to fix sync recurring events between 2 pc

Does anyone utilize a Smartphone or additional WMD to Sync connecting 2 PC's using Outlook 2007. I cannot seem to resolve the difficulty that when I setup a "one year" (annual) frequent event in Outlook 2007 on one system, then Sync it to my WMD, and then, using my WMD, Sync it to my subsequent system (in addition Outlook 2007) it ends up as a frequent event each 12 years. I encompass tried the whole thing, even setting up "mannequin" profiles in Outlook 2007 on 2 additional PC's and tranquil end up with the similar difficulty. It happens when using a Samsung Omnia smartphone or an HP iPAQ rx1955. My WMD uses Win Mobile 6.1 Prof and together my systems utilize ActiveSync v 4.5.0 (Build 5096). I cannot seem to get any answer from MS is there no anticipate for a declaration. What to do to come rid of these issues.

Re: How to fix sync recurring events between 2 pc

Mention in that in your case they were the entire day arrangements (birthdays etc) so you determined to obtain the offending items and generate them from an unambiguous time (9am-10am) and used the reminder for on one occasion a year. So far that has worked for me. But additional significantly, Laura gives a tip on how to create certain if you encompass several that are set for 12 years rather than 12 months. It is worth looking at.

I encompass had that happen as well Vinnie and am not certain why. Providentially, it has not happened a lot and to the most excellent of my information in sequence, it does not occur on the entire on my annual arrangements. I might recommend that you encompass an "end date" to the event. I started adding end dates (for the reason that of an additional problem) and encompass not seen the 12 year problem in quite a number of time. I am not certain if it is related but it is worth the try IMHO.

I have tried end dates of 1yr, 2yrs, etc and nothing runs. I tried deleting the annual frequent date and reentering an innovative one, but I get the similar consequence. I do be familiar with how to "search" the calendar using "convinced" criteria and so I am capable to locate the recurring events even when they are misrepresented from the one year to the 12 year. This merely occur using Outlook 2007. In Outlook 2003, there is no alternative for multiple years, so the entire events are able to merely occur every year. This merely began occurrence when I upgraded to Outlook 2007. Is it probable that ActiveSync requirement a patch to handle the Outlook 2007 alternative of multiple years.

If you open Outlook on your system Vinnie and go to Calendar and hit it off on observation at the top then hit it off on contemporary View and modify it to Events. In the register that determine to at present come into view, you determine to observe what events are set for a yearly Reoccurrence If my memory serves me well, it in addition happened to me using Outlook 2003 (but I am not 100% certain regarding that).

What I am able to say is (similar to you) I originate it extremely irritating. I consider that it was (and is for me) related to syncing multiple apparatus. On those that kept reverting back to 12 years subsequent to I had misrepresented them, I started to modify them as a particular rendezvous set for a unambiguous time (8-9 am) rather than an the entire day scheduled time. Even though it is not an optimal explanation, I no longer encompass the fear of missing a Birthday or Anniversary. Of course I tranquil get a reminder and so far, that has worked for me. In accumulation, as Birthdays are appearing in my calendar, I am gradually changing them to that arrangement so ultimately I determine to encompass them the entire similar to that.

I have the similar difficulty when syncing connecting Outlook 2007 on Windows 7, a Windows Mobile 6.1 apparatus, and substitute 2003 SP2. Actually annoying sometimes it in addition changes yearly frequent appointments to occur each 144 months as an alternative. I anticipate this bug gets fixed with Outlook 2010 (or a service pack or everything.) Try it as a standard scheduled time with a set time (say 8am) and a yearly reoccurrence and observe if that works or runs.