Thread: LCD screen replacement Nokia 6300

LCD screen replacement Nokia 6300

Hi, looking for a step by step guide to change the LCD screen of my Nokia 6300 mobile phone. Actually, it felt down from my hands couple of days ago. I order a new screen for the same and has been delivered as well. Now, just to avoid any mistakes or so, i need a guide for replacing the screen on 6300. Hope any one can help me out here.

I dont wanna go and spend money on the mobile repair shop because this is the third time mt screen has been broken and now i wanna do it my self.

Re: LCD screen replacement Nokia 6300

Well, below is the step by step you need to follow in order to take apart your Nokia 6300 and replace the LCD screen. Do it carefully , any mistake can damage your device:

• You will require a Torx T6 screwdriver and a tool to pry some of the parts, a tiny flat head screwdriver or knife will be okay.

• First of all remove the battery cover, take out the battery, sim card and SD memory card.

• Remove 2 screws from base of battery section.

• You can now pry the metal front from the front of the device, cautiously slip the flat blade under the case and work it around the edge. Then take away the front fascia and keypad.

• Remove the four screws from each angle of the LCD display.

• Remove the main phone assembly from the rear casing, then take away the metal surround from the LCD. This is held by 4 small clips, one in every corner of the LCD. They will come off with a slight force.

• Now turn over the phone and remove the cover from the LCD display connection. You can use the plane blade to pry this off by means of slight pressure.

• Then pry the connection off and take away the LCD display.

• To reassemble it, simply reverse the above procedure.

That’s it you are done with your new LCD screen.

In case you have wrecked 6300 LCD screen, do not depress as you can change this Nokia piece with a fresh one just like it was. Any bleeding or blue fluid on the display will have need of a new LCD to be fixed to resolve this issue. Often a overall blue or white screen without picture or display will require a fresh 6300 LCD to fix this problem. I will suggest you to use only original Nokia LCD screen while replacing the same on your Nokia 6300 phone. This process on Nokia 6300 is easy and user friendly.

You can change your broken LCD at the cost of 1800 INR ($37) from Nokia customer service shop or by any local mobile mechanic for 13000 to 14000 INR ($28). But as you said you have already order and even got the LCD screen, I’ll suggest you do it with the local mobile mechanic as they will just charge you the service cost that should be around 300 to 500/- as you are providing them the LCD screen.