Thread: Sound issues in HP Pavilion zx5000

Sound issues in HP Pavilion zx5000

I have a HP Pavilion zx5000 laptop which is about few months old. The laptop was working properly but now the laptop is giving some problems. The performance of the laptop has degraded alot. All the application take long time to open also there is no sound output on the laptop. Is anybody else facing the same problems with the Zx5000 laptop? If yes then please share some information about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Sound issues in HP Pavilion zx5000

For any device to function properly on the computer, softwares associated to the device must be installed on the computer. These softwares are called as Drivers. If the appropriate drivers are not installed on the computer, it will result in such problems. Open device manager and remove the sound drivers which are installed on the computer. Reboot the system and let the system detect the sound card on its own and let it install the appropriate drivers on the computer. I hope it solves the problem.

I am also facing the same problem with my HP zv5000 series of laptop. The only difference in the situation is that the sound works for sometime in between. For solving the issue, I reinstalled the drivers on the computer many times but still the same problem is faced. I dont understand, how do I solve this problem, hence if anybody has any solution, please share it.

As the sound is totally gone, there is a high possibility that the system is facing some hardware failure. The sound card on the laptop must be faulty and hence there is no sound on the laptop. You will have to get the sound card of the laptop replaced for solving the problem. Once the sound card is replaced, you will not face the same problem again.

Some virus's are known to corrupt the system files which are related to the sound device. If such a situation occurs, then the operating system will not be able to communicate with the audio device and hence there will be no audio output. Therefore scan and check if the system is corrupted with any kind of virus or not. If there are any files which are infected, repair them and check the performance of the computer.

Try clearing the static charge from the laptop and then see if the sound is available on the system or not. Static charge when reaches a threshold level will cause certain devices to malfunction. Shut down the laptop and remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds. Replace the battery and see if the sound on the laptop is working or not.

Thanks for all the help provided. I cleared all the static charge from the laptop and booted the laptop. Also I removed the earlier driver from the system and then installed the updated drivers on the system. After installing the updated drivers on the computer, the sound issues were solved.