Thread: Forgot lock code for LG Chocolate VX8500 mobile phone

Forgot lock code for LG Chocolate VX8500 mobile phone

I am need of some urgent help. Yesterday i was changing the lock code of my LG Chocolate VX8500 mobile phone due to some personal reason and locked the phone. Today, when am trying to unlock the same, am just unable to remember the changed code. I remember the previous code but not the changed one. Is there anyway to reset the code ? Please help. Am unable to access my phone. Thanks for all your help.

Re: Forgot lock code for LG Chocolate VX8500 mobile phone

LG mobiles are essentially fairly easy to figure the user lock out if you have forgotten it. At first if you dont know it or have not at all changed it, than it will be the final four digits of the device number. If you not aware of it than all you need to make is power on the mobile and and enter: ##program'model number' and tap OK button. Thus in your situation it is ##program8500. Enter it and click OK. The device will now ask you for a 6 digit code, that is all zeros.

Once you have entered this information you be supposed to be at menu that offers you a number of options. You will need to OK on the top option service program throughout the first few things untill you observe a phone number. This information is settings from the supplier concerning the connections and device settings, do not mess with this and hit ok. The device number is the previous number on the handset and you will only require the last 4 digits that is you password most of the time.

You must be able to retune your LG Chocolate lock code again to the final four digits of your wireless number by doing the following:

Enter *22899 and tap OK button to re-program your handset. In case the said code is not working than enter *228 and tap send button and select option #1.

By doing this it will re-program your mobile phone and reset the default security code. After you get the message stating ‘your phone has been programed successfully’ select OK. Now your phone will reboot itself. Once it is on again, hit unlock, and type the last four digits of your wireless number.

You may require entering the last 4 digits of your phone number that was the original password at the time you purchased the phone, and then press the pound key right after. Enter the four digits and then immediately the pound symbol. You may have to attempt it a couple of times unless you get it. This is the way many people are capable to make use of locked phones that are stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by maq.h View Post
    Enter *22899 and tap OK button to re-program your handset. In case the said code is not working than enter *228 and tap send button and select option #1.
    Thanks for sharing this important info friends... I am also facing some similar problem but with different model of LG Chocolate. I tried above codes but nothing is happening.

Could you please suggest me some thing else.

I think you will need to rest your mobile. Enter 2945#*# and select reset factory, to restore your device but remember this format your mobile and you won’t have existing data. But there is no way out. Also try to upgrade your device. In Nokia, many times this kind of problem gets solved by the firmware upgrade. Hope it can work for youe LG Chocolate as well. Do reply the result.