Thread: Logitech Z-5500 coax cable and panorama

Logitech Z-5500 coax cable and panorama

I am trying to use Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System and I have seen it in the LCD that it has been provided with an Input : Direct but as i am using 3 cable that plugs in my computer, I want to change it to an Input : Digital. I have purchased a coax cable at the back side of my computer where there is a Digital In or digital out. And for what Panorama is been used.

Re: Logitech Z-5500 coax cable and panorama

The Z-5500 can fully replace a home theater as it is independent and includes audio decoders necessary. You can connect up to 4 devices at once (HTPC or not included). For the connections you will have several options:
    • 3 minijack cable to receive analog 5.1 signal (also receive 3 stereo)
    • A coaxial cable to receive a digital signal
    • 1 SPDIF cable to receive a digital signal
    • A minijack cable on the side to get a stereo source such as an MP3 player such
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

This kit comes with a DTS decoder, Dolby Digital and Dolby Prologic 2. It will therefore be able to decode any 5.1 source and can even apply filters to the stereo sound to recreate faux 5.1. For stereo sources, so it offers the following choice: Keep the sound in stereo, stereo 2X can reproduce stereo sound but on 4 speakers, Audio Pro Logic 2 Movie and 5.1 for the false adapted the musical style received.

Kind of small console, the decoder combines all the settings and the connection of different sources. Everything is also accessible from the remote. A screen LCD lit indicates the choices made and the level of different settings (after selection). At the back of the decoder, there are three jacks 3.5 analog inputs. They can be used (by moving a switch) is in 5.1 mode (if the decoding is already done, usually by the sound card in your computer) or in stereo mode. Two digital inputs in one coaxial and one optical connectors with standard. It is obvious that they will have to be operated primarily for connecting a source such as DVD and the like.

Unfortunately, an analog connection from the PC is often essential for games but for some reading as DVD-Audio, which do not allow a digital connection to the outside. This then reduces strongly enough connection options: one would have liked to have both connections and analog 5.1 analog inputs for stereo operation and more universal.

Opportunities for proper decoding Dolby Digital are the classical but also DTS and more rare, DTS 96/24 (24-bit 96 kHz). Added to the Dolby Pro Logic II decoding, which allows an analog source coding with MP (Dolby Surround or Dolby said stereo) but also the transition from a stereo source to 5.1 with music or movie modes and the usual adjustments . It is regretted that in the corresponding mode (DTS Neo: 6).

There is an equalizer in the driver, even if it is not terrible (presets).
    The P5W DH has about what codecs are better audio with Dolby Digital Live support (5.1 encoding regardless of the source), that being said I would have to check on drivers instead of Realtek Asus because on my HTPC when I installed the same drivers I live in very different settings (plus the non-support because of the DDL of the mother board ALC883 does not support it ... or rather not tagged for it is activated)
    The only codec even better is the ALC889, which supports the formats in addition to "HD" with the crypto-ROM that goes.