Thread: Wi Fi problem on hTC HD2

Wi Fi problem on hTC HD2

I have bought a HTC HD2 couple of weeks ago and i was using it without any problem. Even Wi Fi connection was working but suddenly it has started giving some problem. When i try to turn on the WiFi then it does not show any signal of network, not even a native network. What could be the reason for my not working WiFi?

Re: Wi Fi problem on hTC HD2

As you have bought this phone just before some days then i guess there would not be any hardware problem but it must be something crazy which you cannot explain. This kind of problem gets solved by resting your phone. I suggest you to do soft reset of your phone which will not be loosing any of the data or any software but it is just like switching off and then on.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

It might happen that you have installed some third party software because of which your WiFi would not be working. Actually this could happen sometime if your phone contains some software which can interfere with the WiFi connectivity of your phone but if there would be some kins of bug in the software then it might be disturbing your WiFi. You should uninstall all the third party applications and then try using your phone's WiFi.

There could be something wrong with your HTC HD2's WiFi device. Actually hopefully this should not be the problem on your device but it might be the reason behind your not working WiFi. As you have bought this phone just before sometime then i suggest you to give it a check from the service center so if there would be something wrong with the WiFi device then that device will get replaced in your phone and then you just do not have to worry about it as it would get replaced by the new one. You must use warranty period for such kind of replacements.

If none of the above solutions are working for you then i guess you have to format your mobile phone which will be removing all the data from your phone such as contact details, messages etc. So you must keep the back up of all your important data before formatting your phone then you may go further. Actually formatting your phone will refresh all the functionality of your phone.

I have tried doing both the things soft reset as well as hard reset but none of them worked for me. O have got this from my friend when he was doing hard reset. Now i am having it in factory image and there is an another htc hd2 which is working without any problem. The ROM is little bit advanced i guess as the start button is at the lower left corner.