Thread: Barcode Scanner turns ON automatically on Windows Mobile 6.1

Barcode Scanner turns ON automatically on Windows Mobile 6.1

I am in the company where there are some Dolphin 9900 scanners and they uses Windows Mobile 6.1. Now there is a problem on this operating system that when we leave this scanners alone, They starts themselves automatically. Due to our company's policy, We do not keep any of our office's devices on stand by mode so this scanners are putted back in the box when we wind up. But as they are getting started automatically, Temperature in the box increases heavily. What should i do now?

Re: Barcode Scanner turns ON automatically on Windows Mobile 6.1

I think it would be having push mail feature which would be forcing it to start itself automatically. I think you should try checking all the enabled feature on it. It might happen that this push mail feature would be enabled and because of which this all problem is happening. First of all disable the Push Mail and then check that is it turning itself on or not.

I do not know that Honeywell Dolphin 9900 scanner contains the Push Mail feature or not but i guess there must be something wrong regarding its features which might be making it switching ON. No matter which feature is causing this problem but if you reset all the features of this scanner then there should not be any such features should be enabled anymore.

I know that everybody want to check their mails as soon as possible and Push Mail feature makes it easy for you but if it is increasing the temperature of your scanner's surroundings then i guess you should disable this feature.
    And you would be having many other options to check your mails quickly so you may use them.

Do one thing, You need to check your all the mails manually and not to depend on your scanner which would be saving your scanners battery as well. You should go to your email provider and options and chose to forward your email to another address and leave a copy then for new address, put your number on which you would be getting an MMS.

I have the same scanner at my home and i am also facing the same problem but i guess i have found something which makes it waking up automatically. I have tried turning the wifi OFF on this scanner and other day my scanner did not got up. So i think there would be something related the wifi of the scanner.

The problem on your Dolphin 9900 scanners is bit strange as it is running itself on its own functions and i guess it is nothing wrong in it as there would be some kind of automatic function enabled on it because of which it start itself automatically. Best way to deal with this is to directly contact with the Honeywell who has made this printer so they must be knowing all the features and bugs in it properly.