Thread: How to link contact to Bing maps on windows mobile

How to link contact to Bing maps on windows mobile

On the TP2 by means of WM6.1 I encompass Google Search that integrated Google Maps. When I opened a contact that had an address there was a connection in the contact screen that took me straightforwardly to the position on Google Maps. When I upgraded to WM6.5 and reinstalled the Google app it no longer has the connection. I would similar to get this running with Bing maps. Each contact in my WM6.5 contact register that has an address determine to have a connection of some type that determine to open Bing maps to the accurate position.

Re: How to link contact to Bing maps on windows mobile

I did stature out how to get to google maps. For this you have to choose contact. Do Menu >> additional Info. Do Menu >> position in Google Maps. Extremely complicated but it runs. Tranquil would similar to encompass a Bing maps connection on the main contact page. The innovative Bing client lost absolutely a number of functionality. The Bing team is conscious of this. Optimistically we are able to expect an update almost immediately.

I downloaded the innovative bing mobile client for my wm6.5 tilt2 phone. I noticed a pair of issues. When using it to get instructions and encompass it tracks my position on the map as I am driving, the phone screen turns off subsequent to a minute. I presuppose that this is for the reason that of the power savings profile of the phone. On the other hand, this does not occur when I utilize the older bing mobile client on the similar phone (mercifully when I installed this innovative client it did not eliminate the old client software). This fundamentally makes the gps characteristic if the innovative bing mobile useless as you necessitate to observe the screen to navigate. I in addition noticed that at the same time as the situation indicator moves along when in driving directions map, the instructions for next turn or exit, etc, are not updated in sync with it. Again the previous bing client would countdown the miles to the next turn or exit as you are shifting along towards your objective expectantly there is a fix for this for the reason that the client is pleasant and the speech appreciation is superior then the old bing client. On the other hand, I cannot utilize it at present for navigation for the reason that of these characteristics.

I subsequent this, as superior as the innovative Bing version or description is, I am dangerously tempted to go back to the previous one for the upcoming twist countdown / pointer sound. It completed Bing almost as superior as turn by turn GPS software. In addition, there is no longer a selection in outlook contacts to observe them on a map in Bing as in the previous version.

I in addition miss the "add to contact" alternative. I desire I had played additional concentration on to the most recent version's changes. I would encompass kept the older version and stayed happy as a clam. Is there a connection anywhere to the previous version. I downloaded bing for my mobile phone but I cannot get the gps to run. I am not certain how to set up it. Each time I hit position me it says it might not locate my position. Everything else concerning bing seems to run superior except the gps. I encompass a HTC Touch Diamond and my cellular corporation is cellular south.

I tried to utilize it on my HTC phone and speedily twisted it off. I originate that Google Maps would by no means locate me at the entire. On the other hand as soon as I twisted it off, the entire of the GPS based submission started running much additional rapidly and quicker. Not certain if it is a bad accomplishment of A-GPS on the HTC Diamond, but I hated it from day one. I recommend turning it off if you be able to.

Check to create certain you encompass your gps on and you determine to in addition necessitate playing approximately with the comm ports. There are a couple dissimilar gps ports you are able to select from, I forget which you necessitate. Presently checking back with you to observe if you encompass had been capable to resolve your problem. They hope that the information in sequence provided helped resolve the problem. If not, please let us be familiar with the current status so we are able to continue to make available suggestion and implication.