Thread: Recover lost contacts

Recover lost contacts

I was using the ActiveSync for taking back of my contact and have taken a back up of Windows phone contact but when i am setting the server connection at that my friend told me to delete the old ActiveSync Setting which i have performed by deleting the Windows PC that might deleted the contact that i have taken before. So is there any way Recover the Contact in windows phone. Thanks you

Re: Recover lost contacts

I don't think so that if you have deleted them then there is anything that can be recover the data back. There is only one thing that check whether the data is still there or not. If it is deleted then you cant take backup of the same. If you find any solution then let me know about the same so that i can also be aware of the same.

I think i am having something which might help in recovering the contact that you have deleted by some reason. To perform the same you have to download and install the Pocket dbExplorer 3.1 on your system and this will recover the data. I am not sure about it as i have not used. So if you wish can try this and see whether it is working for you or not.

There is one more thing that might work for the recovery of the contact. The tool which i am talking about is known as the PIM BACKUP. The PIM BACKUP is the free tools which is helpful for taking backup and restore the data. So use the same which might recover the lost data from your system. Hope this will work for you.

You can also use the Microsoft MyPhone utility which is open source program that is provided by the Microsoft for free. You can do the following with the MyPhone.
    • Back up your phone automatically
    • Share photos on your favorite social networking sites
    • Access your contacts, text messages and more online for free
    • Locate your lost phone

Click here for more.

I think that this is not possible to restore the data which is deleted from the system. You can only restore them if they are still in the Recycle bin. Otherwise it is next to impossible to recover the data back from the system. Anyways if you are giving try to above application then let me know if they work for you. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by urgaffel View Post
    You can also use the Microsoft MyPhone utility which is open source program that is provided by the Microsoft for free. You can do the following with the MyPhone.
    • Back up your phone automatically
    • Share photos on your favorite social networking sites
    • Access your contacts, text messages and more online for free
    • Locate your lost phone

Click here for more.
    I know i am little late for the reply but i will update this thread after going through all the replies. Also let you inform if anything work for me.