Thread: Samsung S5560 gives "SIM card removed, Phone will be rebooted automatically" error message

Samsung S5560 gives "SIM card removed, Phone will be rebooted automatically" error message

Please help in solving this weird problem with my phone. I bought Samsung S5560 mobile phone about two days backs but now the phone has started giving some problems. Whenever I try to access the SIM card, it gives an error message saying "Sim card missing" and then restarts. I am not able to figure out what exactly is causing the problem and hence need your help in solving the issue. So if anybody here knows why my Samsung S5560 gives "SIM card removed, Phone will be rebooted automatically" error message then please suggest some solution. Thanks in advance.

Re: Samsung S5560 gives "SIM card removed, Phone will be rebooted automatically" error message

I suspect that the phone which you are using is SIM locked and hence you are facing such problem. Usually the phones which are SIM locked cannot detect the SIM card other than the SIM card which has been allowed to be used. If any unsupported SIM card is inserted in the phone, such errors will be faced. Therefore I would suggest that you check if the phone is SIM locked or not and then go ahead with different troubleshooting procedure.

Re: Samsung S5560 gives "SIM card removed, Phone will be rebooted automatically" error message

The phone which you are using is faulty and the only solution which I can see is to replace it. Sometimes the slot in which the SIM card is inserted is faulty due to which the SIM card is not detected when inserted. As the phone is new, I will suggest that you take the pone to the nearest service center and get it checked. If the phone is faulty, it will be replaced without any charges if it has not sustained any physical damage.

The phone which I am using is already unlocked and SIM card from any service provider can be used on the phone without any problems. The SIM card which I am using is about 8 years old and I dont want to change the SIM card as I dont want to change the number. Can a old SIM card create such problems? Please help.

Yes old SIM cards can create problems while working with the new phones and hence it could be the reason behind your problem. The architecture of the old SIM cards create problems while using with new model of the phones. Therefore only solution which I can see, is to replace the SIM card which you are using.

Changing the current sim card will definitely solve the problem. Changing the SIM card of the phone does not mean that you will have to change the number associated to it. You can get the same number on the different SIM card without any problems. To get the same number on new SIM card, you will have to contact the service provider.

Changing the Old sim card really helped in solving the problem. The older SIM card was 32kb sim card which was creating problem with the mobile phone. Now the phone is working without any problems. The new mobile phones have 64kb sim card slot which is not compatible with 32 kb sim cards. Thanks for all the help provided.