Thread: How to repair a scratched iPod touch screen

How to repair a scratched iPod touch screen

I need some urgent help from you all guys.. I have an iPod Touch that is about just 6 months old. Yesterday suddenly it felt down from my brothers hand and stopped working. After leaving it for about couple of hours fortunately it started working but found some crack and scratch on the touch screen. Still i can access the apps or anything using the screen but only annoying part is it scratches looks horrible. Is there anyway to fix the same ? please help.

Re: How to repair a scratched iPod touch screen

It’s time to spend some money, I guess. However it is under warranty but it doesn’t covers the physical damage. If you are looking for anyway to fix yourself, I would not recommend you for the same. I have seen the complicated tools that Apple has place into these units plus if you are not qualified on how to fix an iPod I will suggest you to hand over it to a neighboring Apple-authorized service supplier who repairs iPod in your region.You will come across that their charge is better suitable for the majority budgets than if you think directly about the company.

I am not sure that you can swap it, as it isn’t a nominal slipup. If Apple confirmed anyplace that the screen was impermeable to scratches then you should have grounds to swap due to it failing to manufacturer spec. It's just similar to the backside of the iPod touch. So simple to smudge even by means of Apple's iPod Sock like am doing - although it doesn't denote that we all be able to exchange when we get a scratch.

Many times, a toothpaste can work for you in case you got scratches on any touchscreen. While searching for some way out for my LG Mobile's touch screen that was cracked, i fortunately found the following thread Touch Screen Cracked Of LG Chocolate VX8500 and it really helped me lot. Not totally but it is enough to save an amount that is worth. Just have a look.