Thread: Iphone - recovery emails

Iphone - recovery emails

Hello,
    I have an iPhone, recently purchased. I then connected to iTunes and sync my various email accounts have been loaded. I have a problem with the only GMAIL account. I can not receive my emails. by cons I tried to send and it worked. So I manually configured later, but without success.
    Description:
    incoming server: host name: pop.gmail.com + username + password
    SMTP outgoing server smtp.gmail.com
    Advanced: SSL unchecked
    Server Port 110

But unfortunely this is not working with my phone now. If you have any idea about the settings then please let me know. Thank you.

Re: Iphone - recovery emails

I looked at the config which works on gmail.

Your Smtp is configured fine.
    By cons SSL must be enabled, i guess you have done it,.
    The server port is 993

But it is surprising, because on my side, I plugged my iphone, it has recovered the configuration of my mac and I had nothing to do. I hope this little help will work for you.

The ports, I can confirm is 993. Did you also mail from the mac computer with GMAIL account? If so, do you not break: removes the gmail account iphone (by being sure to have many messages on the computer and / or gmail server and then synchronizing your iphone on itunes, having checked the synchro Auditors, normally, it will recreate the account on iphone gmail. That said, if you work with macbook and iphone, do not you find it more comfortable to spend gmail IMAP? -> If you read an email on the iphone, when you will run on mac mail, the mail will be deemed to have read (which is not the case with POP).

Thanks for the help, but this does not work for me. I deleted the gmail account to the iphone and re-sync one, but I do not get anything or it tells me the name or the password does not match. I also have my Gmail account on my mac and it's a POP account. Is this difficult to setup? because I do not want to receive my emails on MAIL. Any more explanation on this topic is appreciated. Thank you.

I'll let you about wikipedia pop vs imap ... you have to judge according to what you use your favorite (for me, using iphone and mac is imap) Leopard in the config 'with gmail imap is not automatic, but easy normally. However, check that you have backups of your mail, either because the server directly gmail.com (you connect simply and you see ), Or because you use Time machine backup Mail ... (Ideally the two conditions are met)

Because to create the imap, pop be removed, since it is the same account logic and dropping the account, you take away the messages that are on the mac but if your message is on Gmail.com, then they come back on your mac with the imap account.