Thread: How to transfer photos from Samsung S3100 to PC using data cable?

How to transfer photos from Samsung S3100 to PC using data cable?

I have recently got a Samsung S3100 mobile phone as a birthday gift and I am having some problems with it. I have take some pictures using the mobile and now I want to transfer the image files to computer. As I am a new user, I want to know How to transfer photos from Samsung S3100 to PC using data cable? Do I require some special application for transferring the image files? Please help.

Re: How to transfer photos from Samsung S3100 to PC using data cable?

You do not require a special application to transfer image files from the mobile to the computer. If you have the card reader, then insert the memory card in it and then connect the card reader to the computer. Open the card reader and copy the images from the memory card to the computer. This is the easiest and the safest way to transfer any data from the mobile phone to the computer.

Samsung mobile phones have different modes in which they can be connected to the computer. Go to the phone settings and select the PC connection section. Select the Mass storage mode and save the settings. Now put the phone in idle mode and connect it to the computer. Now the phone will be detected as a mass storage device. Transfer the data from the phone to the computer and then disconnect the phone.

Hey thanks for replying to the post. I tried to connect the phone to the computer using the Mass storage mode option but it did not help. The images which I want to transfer is in the phone memory and in mass storage mode, only the memory card can be accessed. Therefore I cannot transfer the pictures, so how do I transfer the files from the phone memory to the computer?

In order to transfer the images from the phone memory to the computer, you can copy the images from the phone memory to the memory card and then transfer it to the computer using Mass storage mode. The images which are on the memory card will be visible while using the Mass storage mode on the phone.

Download and install the Samsung PC studio on the computer which helps in transferring the data from the phone to the computer. The application is available for free on the official website of Samsung. Once the application is installed, put the phone in PC studio mode and connect it to computer.

Let me see...PC Studio is installed on my PC but doesn't seem to be functioning and the phone won't let me put into Mass Storage mode or transfer the photos to the memory card.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
    PC Studio is installed on my PC but doesn't seem to be functioning and the phone won't let me put into Mass Storage mode
    If PC Studio is not working, you can simply reinstall it. There might be some driver conflict and hence its not working properly. Which OS are you using ?

phone won't let me put into Mass Storage mode
    This part is bit confusing. You should get those options when you connect cable with mobile. Anyways, check in the Settings > Connections. If not working still, than backup your mobile and reset it.