Thread: Omnia Pro B7610 - Windows Updates

Omnia Pro B7610 - Windows Updates

"Connection to update server was not available. Check your data connection settings and ensure the device date and time are correct." Verizon and Samsung lash out me reverse to Microsoft when they could not solve the trouble. Then Microsoft kicks me returns to Verizon for the reason that they say they don't support Windows 6.1 or include anybody who truly knows how o repair problems. Can anyone will help to solve my problem.

Re: Omnia Pro B7610 - Windows Updates

I've been having the similar trouble by means of my Omnia i900. I e-mail Samsung tech support, they respond saying so as to I have to send it in. Samsung Australia doesn't contain any firmware or ROM updates obtainable AFAIK, and there site obviously states that software update that aren't not compulsory by them will void the warranty.

I am also having the similar trouble. I backed up everything on my PC and on windows mobile phone online. I had done with the hard reset and I still had the same issue. I am quiet not able to update my device. Somehow after trying a lot it worked and Ia m now able to add everything back on. But however my handset is working slow. And I am hope that the output might get better after sometime.

I wanted to test the version 6.5 of Windows Mobile on my Samsung Omnia. I found the information to find the ROM containers the latest mobile operating system from Microsoft. I do so enjoy my findings and points to remember before you leap. I hope that my solution is work for you.

• Battery charge
    • The version of Windows Mobile 6.5 is a English, Implying a virtual keyboard in qwerty, but also all the names in the language of Shakespeare.
    • Upgrade tested with the provider SFR with a package Illimythics 3G.
    • The mobile facility is used for a Samsung Omnia (still ship called Omnia or i900)
    • As with all changes that affect your mobile systems, it is advisable to make a backup of all your data (contacts, events ...)
    • The Samsung modem driver
    • The ROM upgrade requires Windows XP.
    • I can not in any way be held liable for any malfunction of the mobile which occurs after flashing
    • This may void your warranty
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

The window indicates that the software waits for a device and shows you the 4 steps to start the update.
    1. Turn off your mobile.
    2. Connect the mobile (always off) to your PC with the supplied cable.
    3. Turn on the mobile.
    4. Once the window indicates "Device found" press the Start button (next picture).
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You can disconnect the mobile from your PC. The mobile when it goes to continue to update for 5 minutes around. Once installation is complete it will restart and launch the initial configuration of the terminal (screen calibration, date, time ...). From this basic version does not contain the virtual keyboard Samsung. If you encounter difficulties accessing resources WAP phone connection disable and then re-enable. Everything should then return to normal.