Thread: Turning off Fake Call feature in Samsung Jet

Turning off Fake Call feature in Samsung Jet

Hello everyone, I am new to the Samsung Jet phone and I am not aware of all the features/functions of the phone. There is one feature in the phone known as Fake call which is very useful but it gets activated whenever the Volume button is pressed which makes it very annoying. Hence I want to know if there is any way for Turning off Fake Call feature in Samsung Jet? Any suggestions/solutions about the problem are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Turning off Fake Call feature in Samsung Jet

Yes I also own a Samsung Touch phone which also has the fake call feature in it which I sometimes find useful but most of the time it gets activated by mistake by pressing the volume button and therefore I am also looking for a way to disable the fake call feature. So if anybody knows how to go about it, please suggest some solutions.

The earlier firmware versions which were installed on the phones by default must not be having the feature to disable the Fake call on the phone but the new firmware available must be allowing the user to disable the fake call feature, hence update the firmware on the phone using the Samsung PC studio and see if you are able to disable the fake call feature or not.

I am afraid that there is no way in which the Fake call feature on the Samsung phones. The problem which you are facing is faced by many users and it has been brought to notice of the Samsung developers. Hopefully there will a firmware update available soon which will help the users to deactivate certain features which are not required on the phone.

Sad to hear that there is no way in which the fake call can be deactivated on the phone but still I hope there is some firmware update available which will help the user to deactivate the fake call. Now I am facing some problems while detection of the phone on the computer. Sometimes the phone does not get detected by the computer. Also the data transfer rate is very slow. Please help.

The data transfer rate from computer to the phone will be slow if the data transfer is carried out using the Samsung PC studio. Put the phone in Mass storage mode and then connect it to the computer. The data transfer rate should improve after changing the mode. Also try and reinstall both PC studio and the drivers for Samsung Jet and see if the detection problem continues or not.

I changed the mode of the phone to Mass storage mode and reinstalled all the drivers for the phone. It really helped in improving the detection and data transfer rate of the phone on the computer. Now the media files get copied in a flash from computer to the mobile phone. Thanks for helping out.