Thread: Iphone wont charge, the connection got wet now

Iphone wont charge, the connection got wet now

I am having 16 GB iPhone 3GS. I noticed that my iPhone is not able to charge because someone sprinkled some water last night. I tried to dry it and I did it successfully but still I think there is some water present on the connections of iPhone. I tried my firewire iPod charger and it helped me but that was only for few minutes. After 10 minutes the same problem again reappeared. Does anyone know of anything I can do to get my iPhone working as it was before? Will this affect my iPhone some how?

Re: Iphone wont charge, the connection got wet now

This is a very common issue that people face with iPhone. You basically needs to remove all the water from the device which is the only solution according to me. To do this you can try out using some Silica gel packets in an air tight container and keep your iPhone into it for atleast a night. This is help you out to remove all of the moisture which will be pulled out by your silica gel. Thus you can get your device back functional.

This seems to be some kind of battery fault. You may need to contact Apple store to replace your battery. If that didn't help then ask them to replace your Iphone with a new one. In short, you will get a best solution only at Apple store. It is worth to try. You wouldn't be disappointed. Just call them if you are unsure about anything.

Are you sure the connection is still wet? Because you didn't mentioned any indication for that. I suppose you should try a different charger. May be your current charger is either dying or it is already dead. If that isn't the case then that certainly is related to battery problem. Apple have faced a lot of time power management issues since long back.

Did you received some messages like "unable to charge"? If that's the case then is related to phone connection because the phone probably is working but having some connection issues. You can even try out removing the battery and keep your iPhone into rice so that it will suck all of the moisture.