Thread: WI-FI problems with Samsung Omnia lite B7300

WI-FI problems with Samsung Omnia lite B7300

Hello people, I am facing some issues with the Samsung Omnia lite B7300 phone which I am using. It is a smartphone which is having Windows operating system. The problem which I am facing is whenever I connect the phone to any wifi network, it shows that the phone is connected to the wifi network but the Internet is accessed on the phone using the network provider Internet which costs money. So I want to know, how to set Wifi as the default internet connection? Also the phone is able to connect to only one wifi network, other wifi networks are not detected by the phone. Does this mean the phone is faulty? Anybody facing similar WI-FI problems with Samsung Omnia lite B7300
    can share some information which might help in solving the issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: WI-FI problems with Samsung Omnia lite B7300

Nearly all the Windows phone suffer the problem with Wifi problems. The phone will only connect to the network which is discovered first. Hence to connect the phone to all the networks, you will have to delete the profiles of all the networks which were connected earlier. After deleting all the profiles of the network, search for all the networks which are available and join any network.

You are using a mobile phone with Windows operating system installed on it, hence before connecting the phone to any wifi network, you will have to terminate all the active data connections on the phone. If any of the data connection is open on the phone and Wifi connection is started, the previous data connection will be used instead of Wifi connection for downloading. Hence before connecting to the wifi network, terminate all the data connections which are active on the phone.

As suggested I deleted all the profiles of the network which were previously connected and then tried to search and connect to the available networks but still no network was available. Also I checked for all the data connections on the phone and terminated all but still the Wifi connection is not considered as the default connection. Does this mean my phone is faulty? Are there any solution to this problem?

There is a high possibility that the phone which you are using is faulty due to which the Wifi is not working on the phone. If the phone is new, take the phone to the nearest service center and get it checked. If there is any hardware to be replaced, it will be done for free if the phone is under warranty.

Try to restore the Windows operating system on the phone and see if the problem is solved or not. To restore the operating system on the phone, click on start and then select settings. Select Restore factory settings and let the system restore. After restoring the operating system on the phone try connecting the phone to the wireless network. Hopefully the problem will be solved

Yes restoring the Windows operating system on the phone really helped in solving the issue. Now the phone is able to connect to all the networks which are available and Internet connection of the network provider is also not used while using Wifi connection. I hope there is some fix available as soon as possible as restoring the operating system cannot be the solution.

I had purchsed b7300 & after 3 days i face a lot problem in operating system but its Wi-Fi working properly. My mobile hangs in work condition & gets stuck in first condition. need Suggestion.
    Girish Dups.

The problem is that the device needs to be performed that is by flashing the device. Other than that you can make the device to perform well by making restore to factory settings. As it is been done check out for the output. I hope the device would then be able to work well or get the firmware to be upgraded.

hello guys! i am having problems with my samsung b7300. whenever i connect my phone to a wifi server my phone says it is connected but when i go to any of my browsers the phone says connection error. then, i tried to static and type in the IP address of the wifi server it work but when i choose dynamic and switch to automatic IP address in DHAP my phone cannot connect. I hope you could give me some tip on how to solve this problem. thank in advance.

Is there any proxy server setup on your phone. Basically when your phone detects a network your net start working. The second issue can be security settings of the wifi area where you want to connect. Some wifi are protected and they do not provide you access till you are authenticated. I will recommend you to first check the proxy server setup. Connection timeout issue is mostly related to that.

Exclamation Re: WI-FI problems with Samsung Omnia lite B7300

I sold this set...Try another one
    Girish Dups.