Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wi-fi Problems with Samsung S5560

Wi-fi Problems with Samsung S5560

I have a Samsung S5560 Marvel phone which has Wi-fi compatibility. I have a small home network configured which is provided by Linksys wireless router. The problem is whenever I try to connect the phone to the network, it gives "Authentication Failed" error. Is anybody else facing similar Wi-fi Problems with Samsung S5560 then please suggest some solution. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Wi-fi Problems with Samsung S5560

As the phone is not connecting to the wireless network, I would suggest that you check the configuration of the network. It is possible that the router is not configured properly to support the devices which are connected to the network using Wifi. Hence configure the router first and then check if you are able to connect to the network using the phone.

It is possible that the network to which you are connecting is encrypted. Sometimes the mobile phones are not able to connect to the encrypted network. Hence if the network is encrypted, then login to the router and disable the encryption of the network. After disabling the encryption on the network, connect the phone to the network and see if the phone is able to establish the connection or not.

For any device to connect to a wifi network, correct authentication information has to be provided. So if the network is protected by a password then check if you are entering is valid or not. To check the connectivity, you can disable the password for the network and then try to connect the phone to the network. If the phone connects to the network without password protection then keep the network password disabled.

I tried all the solutions which were provided by you but still I am not able to connect to the wireless router using the phone. The phone sometime detects the wireless network but is not able to connect to the network. So are there any alternative solutions? Please help

As you have tried all the solutions which were provided, I think there is some problem with the phone itself and hence I will suggest that you take the phone to the nearest service center and get it checked. If there is any hardware failure, get it replaced. If the phone is under warranty there will be no service charge levied for servicing.

Yes the phone had some hardware issue due to which the wifi connectivity was not working on the phone. I took the phone to the service center and got it rectified by the technician. I didnt have to pay any cost for the repairing as the phone was well under warranty. After repairing the WIFI works flawlessly on the phone.

i am too facing problems with my samsung gt 5560... when i try connecting to my wifi router which is not protected(no network key), it hangs up at 'connecting'.... and after 3-4 mins it shows disconnected icon...
    i have tried it several times but still not able to connect..
    previously it worked perfectly with my same wifi router, i used to get connected within 2-3 secs and so on....
    i dint change my any wifi settings there after ..
    So anybody please tell me a possible solution to solve this problem..
    thks.

The problem could be with the settings or the application. You need to process well by reassigning the parameters that needs to be processed and function as required. It will be helpful for you can can make the desired aspect to be changed. Do work well and check for the settings. You may then be able to work well or make the implementation to be done.

hi..everytime i try to connect through wi-fi ...it says "no response from AP"....plz help me out how to resolve that problem in my samsung S5560 phone.

I am having one solution which i think can help you with the error that you are going through. Just get into the Setting > Network Setting > Connection. Now Click on router name and scroll to the Network Key, enter password and save setting. so try this out and see whether it is working for you or not. Also let me know if it is not working so that i can give you some more replies.

idea Re: Wi-fi Problems with Samsung S5560

this will solve the probsss....
    1.in ur mobile,goto wifi and search for the network and after the network discovery in ur mob,go to edit.
    2.in edit,go to advanced settings and check static IP.
    3.in local phone IP,enter the IP of ur access point.(if u r connecting through ur pc,then hit ipconfig in run or command prompt-be sure that u need to modify ur IP by adding a number at the last digits for ex:if ur pc ip is 188.199.123.1 then u should enter 188.199.123.2 in ur mob)
    4.after entering local ip,subnet mask,gateway address,check static DNS and enter the DNS adress exactly from the ipconfig.
    5.thats it done.....save the settings,connect and start surfing....
    6.this should work.if not try rebooting ur mob and search again and connect.this worked for me 100%....

wen i try to browse wid wifi, it says DNS failed.. pls help me out, urgent, waiting for ur reply ranir

To which network you are trying to connect. Basically if a wifi network is encrypted then you cannot access the internet. You will have to check the network profile. You have to configure the wireless router on 80.211 b or g. Try connecting to any different network. For further more troubleshooting go the settings and then go in Network. Open connection from there remove the wifi profile you created. Then go to settings back and click on reset resettings. Turn on the wifi and check back again.

i dont know the settings of wifi helpme

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast