Thread: No Mail Notifications on iPhone 4S

No Mail Notifications on iPhone 4S

I have recently bought the iPhone 4S and have started having problems with that. I am unable to receive email notifications and this is terrifying for me as I am losing my business. I am not even able to see any of my Facebook notifications. I don’t know why this is happening. I have tried several things like I restored my phone but still the problem exists. I even tried to delete my account and then rebooting but it’s of no use. After every 2 minutes I have to press the mail icon and check whether I have any mails or not and this is quiet frustrating. I am really missing my blackberry phone I never faced any such problems with my black berry phone. This is just trying my patience I am really very frustrated and helpless. I hope someone has some solutions for this so that he can guide me with the solution. I hope to get some solution over here as soon as possible.

Re: No Mail Notifications on iPhone 4S

Hey even I am facing the same problem and haven’t found solution for this yet. Some of the people say that yahoo’s push service for emails is really very unreliable. This is very frustrating for me as I was using an iPhone 4 and have recently updated to iPhone 4S. With my old phone I was able to receive the notifications. I don’t know whether it is a Yahoo issue or the iPhone 4S issue but it is troubling me for sure. So can anyone help please and I hope I am not alone who is facing this problem.

There are eventually three types of notifications given by the iPhone. Which are “Sound” alert which plays an audible sound alerts, “banners” it will display banners on the screen and “Badges” which displays an image or number on the application icon? Push notifications will require active Wi-Fi connection if you are not able to receive notification for any particular app then try these steps:
    • First check that the app supports the notification feature.
    • If you have restored the backup to a different iOS device or if you have freshly installed the app, then open the app at least once to begin receiving the notifications.
    • You have to be logged in into your account to receive the email notifications.
    • Check the Settings > Notifications to check that the app is configured for notifications.
    • If you are unable to see notifications in the Notification center, you will have to verify that notification center settings for the app are enabled.
    • If you are using a Wi-Fi connection than there might be network or fire wall issues check that the access to port number 5223 is not blocked.

As you said getting email notification id very important to you then why don’t you use a sound notifications. Sometimes I am busy and I don’t have time to check my cell phone frequently so most of the time my emails where unread by me for long periods. Then one of my friends suggested me to use sound notifications and it turned out to be a superb idea. Switching iPhones new mail alert sound is very easy task. Tap settings on the home screen and after that tap sounds. Now set new Mail to ON and that’s it the sound notifications will be set for your mail service.