Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2010

"Device not supported" error in Samsung Jet

I came to know that there is an firmware update available for Samsung Jet mobile phone and hence tried to update the firmware on the phone using New PC studio but whenever the firmware of the phone is started, it gives an error saying "Device not supported". I cant figure out what is causing such error and hence I need your help in solving the issue. How do I solve the "Device not supported" error in Samsung Jet? Any help is highly appreciated.
Old 05-06-2010

Re: "Device not supported" error in Samsung Jet

Is the phone which you are using SIM locked? If yes then it could be the reason behind the error. For a Sim locked phone the firmware is slightly different than the normal phone. Therefore If the phone is sim locked, it will give the device not supported error. Hence first unlock the phone and then try to update the firmware of the phone from the Samsung PC studio.
Old 05-06-2010

It is possible that the firmware which you are downloading is not meant for the model of the phone which you are using. Hence check the version of the firmware and the model in which it is supported. If the version of the firmware is not supported by the phone, it is bound to give a "Device not supported" error message.
Old 05-06-2010

Have you checked the Samsung PC studio installed on the computer? If the application which you are using is not functioning properly then the device connected to it will not work properly. Therefore I would suggest that, you reinstall the New Samsung PC studio on the computer and then see if the firmware on the phone gets updated or not. Hopefully reinstalling the PC studio will solve the problem.
Old 07-06-2010

The firmware update which is available for the Samsung Jet can only updated on the phone by the visiting the service center of Samsung. Take the phone to the nearest Samsung gallery and get the firmware of the phone updated. The samsung developers have not added the firmware update in the PC studio and hence most of the users are facing problems while updating firmware. Updating the firmware from service center will help.
Old 08-06-2010

Thanks for helping out. As suggested I took the phone to the authorized service center and got the firmware of the phone updated. There was no problem while updating the firmware at the service center but I think the firmware should be made available for the users via PC studio which will be more helpful for the users.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,