Thread: Monte WiFi problem

Monte WiFi problem

I am having Samsung Monte device which is equipped with a wireless internet connection. I have a big problem in this phone. I am not able to connect this device on my home wifi connection. The same thing work well with my livebox and with my laptop also. But still I am unable to use anything and I am facing the problem. I am getting a error message for the same. But the wifi network is detected by device.
    Last edited by Mustler; 05-06-2010 at 04:37 AM.

Monte WiFi problem

Try to disable the wap protection of your box and then try again. Also you can try to disable all your wireless protection and then check bak. I am quiet sure that will help you more. If you are not able to connect then it simply means there is some kind of security problem in the phone. And the gateway which is the router is not able to reply you for the same. So just test the same back and try out once.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 05-06-2010 at 04:39 AM.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have the same problem with Nokia N95. And this is mostly through livebox. The connectivity is not stable at all and I keep on getting the same kind of problem. Here it looks like some serious issue with the compatibility part. That is why things are not working here.

Re: Monte WiFi problem

Someone there can help me?

I want to connect to my orange live box wifi is good and I came but I cannot surf the internet, my wifi net it switches to Edge or 3G Always. After the small icon WiFi is a white line I would normally have the little green line But I cannot able to connect it.
    What to do?
    Thank you in advance

To solve this you have to go to:
    • Menu
    • Configuration
    • Options
    • Mobile network
    and then you have to selected "Preferred connection" Wi-Fi preferred.

Could you tell me a method of how to browse internet on my new GT-S5620 phone using only Wi-Fi. I do not have a data plan so I will rack up extra costs if my internet connects to my cell phone provider. I want to only access local wifi hot spots. So can I permanently block non Wi-Fi browsing? Or know that i am not using the cell provider?

Quote Originally Posted by robertrobertrobert View Post
    Could you tell me a method of how to browse internet on my new GT-S5620 phone using only Wi-Fi. I do not have a data plan so I will rack up extra costs if my internet connects to my cell phone provider. I want to only access local wifi hot spots. So can I permanently block non Wi-Fi browsing? Or know that i am not using the cell provider?
    First of all you have to enable "show wlan availability" or something by going into the mobile phone setting area, then at the mobile desktop screen, if you standing next to any wifi hot spots, you will see a "square type" box displayed at the top right side of the screen. This usually means that you are standing in a wifi zone, here you just need to enable or turn on the option "wlan scanning on" which will give you the option to connect to the wifi network.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"