Thread: Activate GPS on Samsung JET

Activate GPS on Samsung JET

I was confused about the section to post this query but i hope am in right place. Actually, one of my cousin is having a Samsung JET mobile phone and we were trying to activate GPS on the same. I have already downloaded AmazeGPS on the same.We tried lot but not succeeded. We are unable to make it work.

Do you guys have any idea how can i activate GPS on Samsung JET ? Please share me as well. Its really urgent. Thanks for all your helps.

Re: Activate GPS on Samsung JET

The GPS on the Jet only works outside, I meant outdoors. Below are the basic steps to turn it on, just follow the same:
    • From the Main Menu click Settings
    • Than Phone Settings
    • Now tap on GPS Settings
    • Than GPS Possition and finally Satellite Status.

When you are outdoor and the sky is clear, you will easily start getting the list of satellites build up. After a some time, you can thump the back key and see if you have a GPS position yet, if not, just stay waiting. To keep it going, tap the cube/minimize key, but remember that it is on as GPS gobbles the battery.

Which model of Samsung Jet are you using ? If i guess it is Jet S8003 than you must know that GPS navigation is preinstalled. In order to enable this feature, just try out the following steps:
    1. Open “Admin settings” by entering *#6984125*# on your device.
    2. Now enter the Internals. Once there, enter *#9072641*# and tap on Done than Confirm.
    3. Note dont make mistakes in the code.
    4. Now another Internals will be opened. Here go to LbsApp and then Navigation.
    5. Tap on Enable and Save.

Your device will reboot automatically. On the startup you will find find the “Navigation” icon in your main menu.

Thanks for the effective steps mate. But the new navigation icon will not work because the software is not completely installed. To make it work you’ll require to go to the route 66 site and download the sync application for samsung JET and install it. Once it is installed, connect your device in mass storage mode and route 66 will routinely notice the phone and install the software. Now, you can visit the route 66 store to navigate.

I came to know that the gps on Samsung jet has route 66 semi installed, Just what you need to do is insert a micro sd card in, Visit the route 66 page and download the sync software to your system. Install it, then attach the device and select mass storage device. I have found that it works perfectly, the only disadvantage is that you need to buy a license key for either 1 day, 1 month or 1 year.

Activate GPS on Samsung JET

I have presently purchased a new mobile phone known as Samsung Jet. In this mobile phone I want to use a GPS service to for location. But I cannot able to use this service on my mobile phone. I have tried everything but I cannot able to activate it. Someone please help me to activate the GPS on my Samsung monte mobile phone.

Well presently like any supplementary GPS, you have to hang around for it to lock on to satellite signals. The additional the no of satellite, the quicker it offers you your coordinates. You can verify, Settings>Phone Settings>GPS Settings>GPS position. In this display you will get "Satellite status", here you can observe the no of satellite signal your Jet is receiving. Take regarding 2 mins to lock on.

The GPS+ settings under GPS Settings permits you to download data regarding the satellites as of the net, for quicker calculation of your location. For which you require net on your handset. And, Google maps also requires net. However I can reassure you that, the GPS in Jet is almost as precise as a normal Garmin/Magellan GPS receivers. I have myself tried it.

Even though I encompass my mms settings right, the gps on my Omnia pro won't work. I have tried plentiful things and I am not certain what the basis is. In case you know the precise process and the precise settings, do let me inform. I am using vodafone. I once used it through my wifi and then set my correlation predilection to the gprs one and then the mms one. It just begins and all it tells me is "loading" and then "data connection lost.retrying..".

I tried calling them, however it did not assist as the settings were ideal when checked and also for several operators Jet comes through predefined settings. But my dilemma is somehow solved. Guess there was a negligible bug in the code. I was straight pressing on "my location". however this time I tried searching a position first and unexpectedly it started to perceive the connection.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Somebody asked me on the make use of of gps on day to day source through mail, though forgot to state that a reply mail won’t reach that id. Well, it depend up on one's treatment levels and habits. If you are someone who travels daily particularly people who are on the advertising side or so, you certainly require something like that. for me well, its now that I have paid for a phone, so i require everything in it working absolutely well.