Thread: How to setup handbrake for ipad video

How to setup handbrake for ipad video

I am wondering what the most favorable settings would be for VisualHub or Handbrake for converting HD .mkv files for presentation on the iPad. I be familiar with I might choose AppleTV or iPod settings, and call it a day but I would similar to locate out what the optimal settings would be for ipad videos. My Apple TV videos are approximately 3GB in size, so perceptibly I would similar to to bring that file size down a bit, for the iPad. And I need additional information about the above topic if any.

Re: How to setup handbrake for ipad video

Have not tried VisualHub; for Handbrake I have been by means of the "Universal" Apple predetermined and pushing the superiority slider to rf=18. Results in a diminutive less than 1gb per movie—acceptable superiority, nothing amazing, but for its size it's for the input. I be supposed to have been additional unambiguous in my post. I am looking to locate the balance connecting quality and file size, for iPad conversions. I have tons of .mkv HD video whether movies or TV demonstrate. A choose few I am going to translate for viewing on the pad, but in view of the fact that the screen on this thing is so brilliant, I would similar to retain as much quality as probable but still would like to optimize as far as file size is concerned.

For VisualHub, The AppleTV predetermined at customary superiority would be the easiest quality/size alternative (High and Go Nuts would be superfluous on the iPad). You might even push it and utilize the Low alternative if Standard turns out to still be too big. Several artifacting would be offset by the insignificant downscale. I am going to start messing with a number of settings tonight and observe what works most excellent. I determine to post my results here. I am additional interested to locate out if anybody has rally dabbled into this area yet, and what specific settings they have used.

I have a group of dvds and blu-ray rips on my Mac at home. The blu-ray rips were mkv files then rehabilitated using handbrake's AppleTV predetermined. For the mkv files I preferred the Apple TV predetermined then set the max bitrate to 6000 and let it do its thing. For dvds I do the similar but as an alternative of setting the max bitrate I set the superiority to 65%.

The consequential collection plays on the Apple TV and look enormous and they in addition copy in excess of presently extremely well and play on the iPad. Perceptibly you be able to decrease the superiority to get enhanced file sizes but the approximating superiority your procedure produces.

I have not actually had much time to confusion approximately with settings for at present, using Visual Hub, I set it to the entire apparatus, and bumped the excellence to go Nuts. Looks respectable on my 42" Vizio, enourmous on the iPad and stellar on the iPod. File size was approximately 400mb for an hour long TV show. Observe the "Blu-Ray to Apple TV" thread in the Apple TV and Home Theater forum. Make a note of, you cannot utilize mkv containers, merely mpeg4 such as m4v and with h.264/AAC audio.

The Visual Hub is no longer maintained, Handbrake is. The HD uses the most recent x264 encoder which presents much superior excellence in a smaller space, along with faster encodes. The HD determine to rip closed caption soft-subs, VH does not. HD determine to import up to 4 audio streams containing the original 5.1 AC3 track, VH cannot do that moreover. HD has built in decomb and denoise filters, VH presently does deinterlacing. I am almost certainly forgetting a number of stuff, but I believe there's sufficient listed here. As for settings, for DVDs utilize Universal, for HD content (BD and HD mkv's) use the ATV setting is attractive easy.