Thread: Nokia E52 push email

Nokia E52 push email

Two things have struck me, can the email settings, either the mobile or provided a wireless access point was unrecognizable to choose from and not automatic, depending on availability, as in the other programs, I see that right??

And secondly, I see it true that there is no real push mail function or have I not found the right settings easy. For me, it looks as long as the mail program is linked to Push mail works wonderful bar, in connection with IMAP. The only problem is that the connection after a certain time about 50-10 min, is easily separated and therefore no push function is gone. While I can set a Synchronization every 5 minutes, but what happens in between is lost, and especially every sync requires a relatively large volume of data.
    Does anyone know the correct settings or a different solution for this problem?

Re: Nokia E52 push email

Even I do have a similar kind of a problem, there is PushMail present (IMAP Idle), this works wonderfully with all other programs on the phone. The problem is that I can not get that the connection is kept to the server, this is simply happens after 5 min and that's it then with PushMail. In the five minutes in which the connection is on hold all mail arriving with immediately signaled and displayed.

IMAP Idle is not a push, this is just a constant connection to the e-mail server. With push the mobile phone gets a self-sufficient from the mail server info, that a mail is accumulated and it is to be retrieved. BlackBerry can greet. This is probably not with Nokia (more). But is not your approach. You ask so, why the connection is cut off after five minutes. Time Out may not set correctly? In your version, the mobile must indeed periodically report to the server that it is still there.

I do think that IMAP idle means the same as that described by you. As I have understood IMAP idle, the works is that the email programs only holds the connection, but no data is sent, but only one action occurs when the server reports back that there is something to retrieve. I think for BlackBerry is the same thing or is used for BlackBerry data connection signalization for that something? I know it is not enough. As I said, in the five minutes in which the connection is maintained, it works exactly as I have described, new incoming messages are immediately displayed as the, and no new mail comes, no data are sent back and forth.

IMAP is a text-based protocol for accessing e-mails on a mail server are located. A mail client requests to the server is only for current information required. Want a user as the contents of a folder to see such, gets the client a list of news headlines relevant folder from the server. If the contents of a message are displayed, it will be loaded from the server. Since all data on the server remain continue to show - even with the use of multiple client - the same as a mailbox for all current data. In addition, a local data storage is unnecessary and advanced options such as browsing, mails are carried out on the server.

I have your conversation and read by the same problem. IMAP-idle I would suggest a kind of intermediate between IMAP and push call. It is pushed a small message, then the client then pulls the mails. Have you heard of Nokia, including how it that there are keeping the connection? I have, the same problem.

It is probably intended by Nokia, so that the call is disconnected. First, said the Lord, it was to save energy. When I told him then, however, could make clear that the connection will be (held himself 3.5G packet data connection) when the entire server runs on the Nokia, he did not continue. It looks like perhaps ultimately it is the intention of Nokia to their service or server must be used. He was very well received and passed as a mistake, but until now (for about two months) I have nothing more to say, personally find it very regrettable because it still works on older models without problems.