Thread: MTP device driver installation fails on "Nokia 5800

MTP device driver installation fails on "Nokia 5800

When I connect my Nokia 5800 in media relocate mode, windows try to locate the drivers for the mtp apparatus, but it constantly fails no matter what I encompass tried. I necessitate fixing this. It merely started subsequent to I installed the most recent firmware v31.0.101 obtainable in my location. I did the hard reset and formatted the memory card, no revolutionize. I am hopeful somebody comes up with an explanation.

Re: MTP device driver installation fails on "Nokia 5800

I encompass gotten my Nokia 5800 to run in the entire connection types. Firstly, I had updated my phone to the most recent firmware obtainable to me via NSU (v31.0.101), and completed a back up of my contacts and memory card. For this you have to uninstalled Nokia PC suite, Cable driver, and PC connectivity (might not encompass got the accurate names right). Then you have to ran the Nokia PC suite cleaner. After that restarted the PC. Then you have to Format the memory card. Did a hard reset on the phone (green button + red button + camera button - until country collection pops up during the power up of the phone). Then you have to Installed Nokia PC suite (most recent version). Connected the 5800 to the PC in the defaulting connection, and let the entire the drivers install. The entire the drivers, including the MTP USB device driver installed productively. In addition run the app update submission first previous to restoring backups and re-installing submission. Let me be familiar with if this helps.

The method easier explanation than that. I had the MTP problem almost from the get go. Mucked regarding with it for ages and in conclusion with a number of lateral thinking came up with the following explanation. You have to create certain your systems on Windows Media Player 10 (MP11 bleep it up each time). Put phone in accumulation Storage method (it’s in the settings/connectivity/USB section). Then plug in the USB cable and go to Windows Explorer. Find the method to the confidential folder on your phone and delete directory 10208913. Unplug USB cable. Twist off the phone. Then you have to Plug the USB cable back in to the system. Then twist on the phone. It might work.

I have tried the entire the additional probable suggestions (uninstalling / clearing / edit registry key etc – might not do 'rollback to WMP10 although) & this worked completely. Similar to to add one thing to this - I noticed a diminutive pop-up on Windows (XP) came up when I did it. Then (Switch off/plugin/switch on) stating something regarding 'installing nonspecific Nokia' (it occurred too speedy to observe precisely what it was) - so I am guessing somewhere along the line a driver was missing.

Senseless course of actions. As an alternative go back to PC suite /as I did/ and hang approximately for superior ovi suite release. Going for beta test of Nokia software is a thing I previously had sufficient of. At present it’s occurring with ovi suite. Try to calculate on your logical thinking to download your text messages stored on your phones memory card to your PC, for illustration.

I am running Norwegian language on my phone so I do not be familiar with accurately the English several choices, but in the menu you are able to choose to look for innovative updates. Backup your phone, although, and utilize your charger. You do not desire the phone to run out of battery power at the same time as updating. I tried from my phone with the "verify for updates", and did not get everything. When I tried plugging in the phone to the Nokia Software Updater, it had originated the firmware. This might have been unadulterated coincidence as I tried the OTA update a day or two previous to.

I got XP SP3. WMP10 did not desire to install no substance what I tried, similar to replacing wmploc.dll and so on. So I determined to go additional in WMP downgrade. The WMP9 installation went efficiently but Nokia PC suite ( v7_1_40_1 ) did not desire to live quietly with it. I was at the dead end and fortunately I originated from this forum. I did that, installed PC Suite (WMP9 was previously installed), MTP apparatus was predictable by the system, and as a most recent step upgraded WMP9 to WMP11 from side to side the WMP Help menu and at present everything is working.