Thread: Nokia E72 keypad buttons symbols

Nokia E72 keypad buttons symbols

I am using a Nokia E72 QWERTY keypad mobile phone and I am looking at the '&' symbol on the button right next to the ctrl button, however when I need to type in the "&" in any text then it is not working at all. I even tried by pressing the shift and up arrow key but to no avail. I want to know how can I use this symbol? And also the same goes for the '?' and '!' and '-' buttons. Any solution? Thank you

Re: Nokia E72 keypad buttons symbols

You can try to insert the "&" text easily by pressing the shift key on your Nokia e72 mobile phone, which is the second button from bottom left and next to the bluetooth/symbol key and then press the corresponding key. As for the "-", you need first press the numeric key which is the most bottom key from the left.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Re: Nokia E72 keypad buttons symbols

Can you first of all tell us whether you are possibly using a different language or unput method in your Nokia E72 mobile phone? I am thinking that you might have selected other language version in your phone and that is why it is not working. You can try to first change this language versions and then either the slanted up arrow or the shif up arrow key + the key should just work fine for your mobile phone. This is however in the case of English input.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It might be possible that the phone code and firmware mismatch and thats why the keypad layout is different on different countries. In any case, could you please tell us what is the product code in your Nokia E72 phone? If there is anyone else with the same product code getting this same issue then they could perhaps compare if this is indeed a product code bug or something else. You can also try to ask some people what their product codes are and what all languages are installed on them by default.