Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Nokia 5800 display problem

Portable Devices

Old 03-06-2010

Nokia 5800 display problem

With the help! I just realize that the screen of my new Nokia 5800 broke, the screen shows a vertical crack and when I turn I see nothing, just the light of phone. I am worried because I did not take insurance and I cannot make me change or repair. Can you tell me if it is repairable and if it is normal (knowing that it is broken) I do not see anything on the screen? Thanks in advance

Old 03-06-2010

Re: Nokia 5800 display problem

I received this morning my screen for info I replaced limit order on eBay from the US (about 80 USD with the shipping and 1 week wait) because pa javai really trust the Chinese. Finally it was very fast no more than 3 minutes to change it. Since it and working like new again. To All Those Who Have this problem please do not hesitate to Go on eBay "screen Nokia 5800.
Old 03-06-2010

So it is very simple, when you slide your phone you have two small screws to remove and when you slide the other way you also have two small screws to unscrew. When you receive your screen there will be a small screwdriver to unscrew it is very easy then you raised your screen with a small blue plastic material (also supplied), then thou removed and replaced by your new display. Attention should not be forced on the small orange tip that connects to your phone screen when you replace. A board shall return your tip before placing your screen at the square.
Old 03-06-2010

I mean my phone Nokia 5800 was placed on my table and I accidentally knocked limit the ground (the table was not very high and the ground ) And when I recovered, it had no scratches anywhere (or even on the screen) but the screen was all black and there are a variety of feature colorful inside. In any case, when I turn, I hear light normally except that I do not see anything ... is what it means I have to change the screen? If yes, what I need to order a "LCD SCREEN DISPLAY" via Ebay? I'm afraid not to do it alone = $ in all cases, the BIG BAD, the service told me that Orange are not under warranty, it cost me 80 USD if I sent for repair.
Old 03-06-2010

You be supposed to also be conscious that the care points are not owned or jog by nokia and it's completely at the care points prudence if they decide to repair or replace. Normally if it can be modernize then that’s what they present you. If you are not contented about that you should ask to talk to the care point executive. The executive will be capable to show you the terms of your warranty.
Old 03-06-2010

I had the similar difficulty as yours and this ongoing on 16th march. It begins only some days after I installed Tektronic.Light.On.v1.04.74. That handles screen backlight.
I supposed this application so finished the following:
  • Removed it
  • Removed all installed aplications
  • Returned factory settings
  • Made reset (ereasing all phone memory
  • Updated the firmware to the latest 20.x.x.x
Nothing helps. DISPLAY FLICKERING.
This will become normal after rebooting the mobile phone. Please help me.
Old 04-06-2010

After altering it, did u countenance similar crisis again when u stay in a frosty place? course I have this type of trouble, when u stay in a frosty place like workplace with aircond and u place the handset on the table facing the aircond blower, the trouble through the display came again, however when you warm the handset display through a lighter for 3 second, the display back to typical than i comprehend that the display (LCD) need to keep in warm

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,