Thread: N97 Touch Screen Not Working

N97 Touch Screen Not Working

I am having the Nokia N97. Recently I have started facing issues related to the touch-screen. The touch screen of N97 had started troubling me.. It is not working properly. I have tried to reset the mobile by taking out the batteries but no changes. The problem is still persisting, even after trying lot of things. I want to ask you guys about the quality of the touch screen of Nokia N97.!! Also please help me to solve my issue of touch screen.

Re: N97 Touch Screen Not Working

I am also facing this issue from last week. I am very careful for my cell-phones and I have never dropped it on floor or in water. Then also I am facing this problem.!! So I think that there is no solution apart a manufacturing defect or a problem of sealing so poor insulation so moisture oxide catches the circuits very easily. I would like to recommend that you should change your mobile (know its hard to do but don't have other option ).

In N97, the screen works but also by electric waves in a different way: there are two layers, when pressure is applied, the first layer comes into contact with the second, causing an electric shock and determines the exact position of pressure. The advantage is that the pressure may be exercised with "anything", a stylus, a finger ... The disadvantages, cons, are enough for my taste: the screen can be scratched more easily than a capacitive screen, it often gives the impression of screen "soft" and fragile, it must be recalibrated periodically (electric shock pressure caused by each wear the electrical conductivity, the recalibration is to apportion errors (wear) over the entire surface of the screen to 'hide').

It definitely happens with this phone. I make a backup of my Phone and I am having a hard reset and I want you to know if the touch with a HR off again ... What I have serious doubts but good. I am thinking to send it to SAV (this is the 2nd time). NO HR even after the touch does not always. So towards the service and I am immediately going to sell this phone is no longer relevant for me that does not deserve one minute that I spend more on it!!

Hi all,
    I have a similar problem: I get on the plane, I turn off my N97. Upon arrival, I rekindled the phone, the touchscreen is not responding. I enter my pin number with the keyboard, load everything as usual, but the screen is not touch at all. I feel dirty plan that failure will not be taken as collateral. When I read same issues here, I though to post my issue also and hope for some solutions.!! So if anyone had found something to fix this issue, please post it (I know its N97's problem, still I can try some solutions).

In an article I read is talking about touch screens, there are resistive to the difference between an analog resistive and digital resistive which would correct the flaws of analog. I'm really sorry, but I my N97 screen mocks, and I have a big problem with touch screen and I think that this is the big junk. So ... the touch screen of the N97 is it really is a question unanswered for now, but will not stay long. You already have a lot of videos taken in hand that you have as far as possible the operation.