Thread: No router found in OVI Maps in Nokia 5800

No router found in OVI Maps in Nokia 5800

Previously completed, makes no dissimilarity, had the similar difficulty in v 3.03 previous to wi-fi positioning was introduced. I encompass emailed Nokia Support to observe if they be able to throw any light on the problem. Be able to I presently corroborate, yours is running properly. With internet set to Offline you are able to calculate a route with no errors. Yes that's the case, I encompass a superior GPS lock, positioning server is set as supl.nokia.com yet I tranquil receive 'Route not found'.

Re: No router found in OVI Maps in Nokia 5800

How large is your maps database on E drive CITIES. You are in addition having the route not found difficulty if internet set to offline. Looks at first momentary look similar to no maps/incomplete maps downloaded. It’s not generic maps and 5800 difficulty. You have to corroborate 236mb similar size as you are running UK maps. You are searching a route when you previously have a situation fix. In positioning server used, verify if you have it set as supl.nokia.com properly.

There are a small number of occasions I get an inaccuracy similar to that, but it’s constantly solved by moving a small number of meters in closer to the road, or along the road. Did you try incredible similar to that. You can also take the option of Quick update - subsequent to more than a few emails back and forth to Nokia hold up they have told you that the cause is probable to be inadequate map records on your phone. I imagine you are going to try deleting the map from the phone and downloading and installing it all over again.

Nokia phone has been notorious for having deprived GPS signal (due to inappropriate positioning of GPS section actually). I have had issues with it myself, but it’s cleared up to get GPS lock less than 30 seconds. At present with A-GPS I be able to get (correct, within 20m) locks less than 10 seconds. The entire the time. Having instantaneous navigation is itself implausible, but presently being capable to whip out N97 and verify “where am I” is approximately as regularly superior. For illustration if you are on someone else’s vehicle/taxi/train and you desire to be familiar with where regarding you are/how long to go.

What’s additional, you be able to switch of the compass by presently clicking it. You be able to reactivate the compass the similar way. The compass is attractive much an indispensable thing for pedestrian navigation (N900 has no compass, implements map turning in a dissimilar method whereby it rotates map in direction you are going – actually cool. The Compass/map rotate amalgamation would be even additional overwhelming. Make a note of – Ovi Maps for Maemo on N900 is extremely bad at the moment. It’s merely superior for telling you where you are).

OK, extremely comparable to point, but having an instantaneous lock is not the similar as keeping that lock. Whether in a vehicle, open air, beneath bridges, the N97 kept a solid GPS lock of where I was at the entire times. No unexpectedly vanishing making you lost act. Merely moose, I by no means thought I would observe the day when I gave up searching for places on Google Maps app for the reason that Ovi Maps was so ineffectual at searching back then. Previous to, searching for anything on Ovi Maps (even the desktop version or description) would not discover you anything. For illustration searching for “Pub” or even the name of that pub determine to not get you what you are looking for at present.

So, in accumulation to being capable to essentially locate the place you are looking for by search, you be able to also observe several additional details similar to phone numbers/email addresses/websites. I found this cooperative when I had to phone up my hotel in Manchester and authenticate reservation. I did not have the number saved but it was there on search. We saw the beta version or description at Nokia World O9. It’s much additional simplified, additional visual UI with icons rather than register of clogged up alternative [weather/events/lonely planet/ merely obtainable when online].