Thread: Nokia 5220 Switching Off automatically

Nokia 5220 Switching Off automatically

I have been using the Nokia 5220 express music cell phone since last thre months. Now the problem is that my Nokia 5220 xpressmusic phone gets switched off automatically. this is really a very erratic behaviour what has caused this problem i don't know but this is troubling me. I am not a very technical person so please help me how to get rid of this problem.

Re: Nokia 5220 Switching Off automatically

Here i would suggest you to try removing the battery and leave the cell phone idle for about 10 minute before replacing the battery again and switching your phone on. If the problem persists still then, I will suggest you to getting it checked out at your local Nokia Care centre. Since you have purchased your cell phone just before three months your phone will still be in the warranty period.

It appears as restoring will definitely going to help you in this matter The procedure for restoring your phone is listed below:
    • First of all turn the phone off.
    • Then press simultaneously keys Green / Talking + '3 '+' * '
    • turn your phone on now
    • When the formatting begins, release the keys you pressed in step step 2.

These kind of problem arise sometime when your memory card goes bad and hence you need to remove the memory card from your Nokia cell phone so turn your phone off and then remove the memory card this is better even though you can remove it while the phone is on still. But remove it in the off mode is much better. Restart the phone the problem will be solved.

The turn off problem clearly indicates that your phone operating system have been corrupted and hence you will have to get this Operating system installed once again. So i would suggest you to get the operating system reinstalled by your self this is not a very technical process but your phone seems to be in the warranty try to visit a nokia care gallery.

The battery seems as the problem. so you need to avoid discharging them completely and the load when it wants because these batteries like loads short. About your problem of switching off, I do not see where is the problem with a charger Official Nokia which integrates a circuit breaker when the load is reached.

This certainly seems to me as some sort of hardware failure and hence i will advice you to go for a hardware check to the Nokia care center. Because Since your cell phone appears to be in the warranty period i would advice you to go to the nearest nokia care center where your problem will be sorted without any charge.

sad Nokia 5220 Switching Off automatically

I am having nokia 5220 phone. It is getting restart after every three seconds.
    Also it is showing wrong imei number (E.g. 123456789?) after pressing.
    Also it does not show any network. It gives error that "simcard registration failed"

I tried for software updation but it is also unsuccessful. It is showing ur software is already updated.

Nokia care refuses to take mobile for repairing. Can anybody suggest me some idea so that i can use my mobile without restart problem.

Contact me on sajudct@gmail.com

If your Phone is under warranty then Nokia has to take it for repairing. Call on Nokia Customer care and ask for the help. You can also perform the Hard Reset on the phone which will set the phone on the Factory Setting.

* First of all turn the phone off.
    * Then press simultaneously keys Green / Talking + '3 '+' * '
    * turn your phone on now
    * When the formatting begins, release the keys you pressed in step step 2.
    So try this out and see whether the problem get resolved or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Huron View Post
    If your Phone is under warranty then Nokia has to take it for repairing. Call on Nokia Customer care and ask for the help. You can also perform the Hard Reset on the phone which will set the phone on the Factory Setting.

So try this out and see whether the problem get resolved or not.

thanx huron, I tried hard reset for my nokia 5220 but no use. Still the problem exists. phone is not under warrrenty. plz tell me other idea.

Probably if the problem is with software, it gets fixed for sure after doing software update or doing hard reset. But here it seems some serious hardware problem. As you said, nokia care is not accepting your mobile for repairing, better take it to any local mobile repair shop. If they can repair, its well and good. And if not try to sell it to that local shop at any cost you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsly View Post
    It appears as restoring will definitely going to help you in this matter The procedure for restoring your phone is listed below:
    • First of all turn the phone off.
    • Then press simultaneously keys Green / Talking + '3 '+' * '
    • turn your phone on now
    • When the formatting begins, release the keys you pressed in step step 2.
    Thanks !....this procedure really works
    i.e. Green/Talking & 3 & * to be pressed simultaneously..