Thread: Iphone login problem

Iphone login problem

I am having an iPhone and I am trying to use the Hotmail box into it. I own a hotmail.com address and after trying to configure a iPhone to it, I am getting an error while login. Then I tried to do lot of changes in the configuration also I changed the country but that has done nothing and still it does not work. I think even after a waiting period of several days I can not configure my hotmail box on my iphone. Could someone help me?

Re: Iphone login problem

I am trying to explain you about adding your Hotmail account in the Mail application on your iPhone. The following steps may be useful for you :
    1. Go to Cydia and install the following programs :
      • FreePOPs
      • MobileTerminal
      • CURL
      • XML Parser Toolkit
    2. Restart your phone and open MobileTerminal and type the following command: su
    3. Type: Alpine to prompt password
    4. Now type the following :
      freepopsd-p 110 &
    5. Go to the application "Mail" and add your account type to "other" (other).
    6. Type your name, your e-mail (Windows Live ID) and password, then press Save.
    7. Now you get an error saying that your username or password is incorrect. Click OK.
    8. Now in Incoming Mail Server, change hostname in writing: localhost and press Save.
    9. Click Yes in the pop-up on the SSL.
    10. Now, the application will start downloading your emails.
    11. For safety, go to Settings, Mail, select your new account, go down to Advanced and check that the new window opposite Delete ago "Never."

The steps that has been mentioned by the 'SergioSantos' is correct but there are some problem with that method. When you restart your iPhone you are not logged in as root. So every time you restart, you are obliged to repeat steps 2-4. So doing this every time you will find very tedious. This can be resolved with the plugin. Onaips has prepared a plugin for bossprefs which avoids having to enter command lines at each reboot of the iphone. This plugin is now available in cydia. So once you install that plugin your problem will get fixed.

The following things may also help you in fixing your problem :
    1. Use Windows or Mac to copy the file org.freepops.freepopsd.plist in the iPhone, like this: / Library / LaunchDaemons / org.freepops.freepopsd.plist
    2. Reboot your iPhone.

Else, you can also install "BossPrefs" if not already done and "freepops BossPrefs Toggle". Restart the iphone and voila. when you launch BossPrefs you can activate the plugin that allows you to automatically launch the application FreePOPs.

Microsoft has the opportunity to see the mail (Hotmail) with the POP protocol (compatible with the iPhone). Here is the information you need :
    • incoming server: pop3.live.com
    • username: your email address
    • password: your mdp
    • server sending: smtp.live.com
    • username: your email address
    • password: your mdp

I found the solution to set up Hotmail on your iPhone for free and without past by other mail clients or other application.
    1. Go to Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendar
    2. Click on Add Account and then click Other
    3. Enter your name, address Hotmail / Live, your password and then click Save in the top right.

Then you should setup Account :
    Click on POPs
    In Server receiving come back this :
    Hostname: pop3.live.com
    Username: your Hotmail / Live
    Password: your password
    In Mail Server come back this :
    Hostname: smtp.live.com
    Username: your Hotmail / Live
    Password: your password
    Once this is filled in, click Save in the top right and Enjoy..

Try Options * ► Mail Forwarding to another email account. You can forward your messages to another email address ending in hotmail.com, msn.com, live.com or part of Windows Live Custom Domains. Have you tried changing your nationality to some other in your hotmail account?? Change it and then wait an hour or two and you can enjoy the POP access to hotmail.