Thread: Unable to setup Email on Nokia E72

Unable to setup Email on Nokia E72

I am using a Nokia E72 cell phone and i guess there is something wrong when i try to access the yahoomail from this phone. Actually i entered into an email setup wizard and the screen where i have list of email providers such as Ovi, Yahoo, Gmail etc. So i clicked on Yahoo and when i entered an user ID and password then nothing happened and i am back to the login screen. This happens with the all email providers.

Re: Unable to setup Email on Nokia E72

Similar kind of problem is happening on my Nokia E72 when i try to access emails from my phone. I guess this would be something related to the software of our phone as it is just not able to access the mail at all. I think at the end our problem would be getting solved at the Nokia Care. Still i would be waiting for someone who can solve this problem by doing some kind of settings on my phone.

There would be some problem from the network provider's end as this kind of access from the mobile needs an internet on mobile phone which has been provided by the network providing company. It might happen that there would be something wrong from their side while providing an internet on your phone. I think you should contact with the customer care service of your SIM card and discuss the same issue with them.

Actually accessing the mailing service from the mobile phone and from the computer system is different. Main difference between the these both services is an URL used as every website have made different URL's for accessing it from the mobile phones. As you use www while accessing the yahoomail from the computer but you have to search with the wap when you are accessing the yahoomail from the mobile phone. I suggest you to check the same as what your typing while searching it.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

This seems to be the problem of software which has been used on your Nokia E series phone. I have given you one number by dialing which you would come to know that which software version has been installed on your Nokia E72 mobile phone. Go to the dialing screen and dial *#0000# and check the version. Now check for the whether nokia has any new version or not if so then you must try installing it.

I think there would be something wrong with the shortcut provided on your phone for accessing the yahoomail. You can use another way to access the yahoo directly from the browser.
    First of all go to the browser and type the Yahoomail.com in an address bar then check that does it happening again or not. If so then i guess it is nothing wrong with the shortcut rather it could be something with the internet connection or from the end of yahoo.

I have a simple solution which automatically enables an all the SIM card services on your phone which are supported by your model of phone. I suggest you to take out your SIM card from your Nokia E72 for five minutes and then reinsert it which will be activating the services which would be supported by your phone. And then try accessing an Email from your phone. But it would be better if you still have a talk with the customer care executive before accessing any services that all the services have got activated or not.

hi i am Ajith and living in Oman.I have faced the same problem to set the email for E72, oK Let me start from the bigning. i have bought the e72 on 13 Jul 2011 from safeer ABT shop .and while setting i found dificulties . some of them said it may firmware problem . THEN i approched service center with in 2 days. with out analysing the phone problem they put for update. but unfortunatley while on the way the line got disconnected and phone completely erased. finaly they managed to load the firmware and i said them i could not set the email. then my sweet service technician checked it , very poor expertise. you knwo how, he gone to website -google then filled gmail account and password and came back to me sayng that he could set. finaly i shown him the email provision & what exactly i want(infact i teach him) . it is strange that even he doestnt knwo there is provision to set email. sorry to say that he will become the best nokia service technician i never seen in my life. finally i taken back my handset with disappointment. but u knwo what happened. after i reach home i tried with another sim (initialy i tried with nawrs then hayak) i could set every thing (gmail, yahoo. hotmail, my company id etc)with out any hassles.
    please make sure the below details are same as in ur mobile.
    Version : 071.004.C00.01
    RELEASE DATE 9/JUN/2011
    Model ;E72-1
    Cheers-Ajith