Thread: Syncing issue of HTC Hero with Hotmail

Syncing issue of HTC Hero with Hotmail

In my HTC phone at the home screen I had press the mail widget for setting up my mail. Here I have the choice between Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and Other (POP3/IMAP). I am going to provide my mail settings here. I am using hotmail usually. It then checked my account information and after some time a warning appeared stating connection with mail server can not be made to verify account information. The server is not responding. How to fix. Need help with Hotmail setup on HTC Hero.

Re: Syncing issue of HTC Hero with Hotmail

I plan to get me a HTC Hero. I have a Gmail account though, but my emails go through Hotmail. Is it possible that my mails are automatically forwarded to my Gmail account. I have used the search function and found nothing useful. I think the hero is no longer work with Google. But looks like now that Gmail integration is possible. I am using Gmail right now. In combination with the new HTC I need some integration solution for address book, email, etc .

I've even gone so far that I have integrated my hotmail account in those with Gmail and deleted messages from the inbox. When sending you can select the sender, one sees not that the mail was written by a Gmail account. I am very satisfied with this solution. By the way, works well with the push thing. Hotmail are indeed a few minutes later forwarded to the Gmail account. They first appear briefly in the Hotmail tray before they migrated from Google.

Check your internet settings first. Do you have properly access to internet. The mail setup is very easy. There might be some issue with your network provider. T O2 E-mail Push via OMA EMN run on my HTC phone and work fine.I send the e-mails as MMS and I have also tried the Sync ML, which requires an additional program. This is not a the real solution.

First thing you have to do is set up a communication center and so that the phone can collects mails. In order to use push you need to configure the mail server properly. The official site gives you step by step information on the mail service program. You can follow the same for HTC Pro. Usually there is only need to add the email account to the web service program and your mails are on you phone.

I have sync my phone yesterday. Sync with Google Mail and Contacts / Calendar goes smoothly. There is not much error. You must check your internet connection in case of any error. Many times when your phone does not have a proper internet access to the mobile phone then you might get error on your smartphone. Just enter your email id and then check back.

You have to use email Sense, which set up IMAP in HTC's own email client for Google. If you do that, and the Connect function of email to the contacts, as Sense emails to contacts only on the Nokia Email client prefers. I have made so that the client HTC looks every 5 min after mails and not notified, and Google is the default client for mail. When creating an email Sense asks whether Google Mail or HTC mail should be used as an application.