Thread: Problem with Nokia 6555 powering off

Problem with Nokia 6555 powering off

I am not sure about this problem that it is getting occurred by the battery related capability or something related to the phone stuff . Actually the problem is associated with my Nokia 6555 that is automatically turning off again and again when I wanted to access that . There doesn't seem to be any manner to it's behavior. I have replaced a previously purchased phone just because of the same issue. currently, I am running with the same issue again and with my newly purchased phone and now I don't want send it back for any replacement. I wanted to fix it myself but in this case, i need some help of you all. Is anybody here with a 6555 running with the same issue ? Any suggestions would be better for me ....

Re: Problem with Nokia 6555 powering off

There are so many users are running with the same problem and and none of the forums have any proper solution. There is some explanation has been described on the Nokia official forum but that is also not in proper way to do. As the investigation about this issue, I found that there were several reports of this problem on AT&T also but not have any satisfactory fix for this . But I got something after Nokia users discussion and finally got that the SIM card was a little bit not adjustable in the proper holder and having a small bit of card among holder and SIM made a much better contact, but it was never proven.Just you should try to go in this way and post me back about the status ..

I don't have any idea about how many users of Nokia phone facing this type of problem but for the before 1 month or more, I have been running with this problem with my 6555 powering itself off. It happens several times in a single day, with very small difference dependent on what I am using it for or if I am not using it. Number of issue, I have with this but this is the most complex and irritating issue for me which is causing me most disruptance to my everyday functionality.

I tried to communicate with someone using Live Chat procedure which is provided by the service maintenance and she sent my phone for the required and necessary updates, but it continued happening what its been doing within a couple of hours of me getting off of the Chat. I am just wondering if some other users are running with this one issue and what helped them and if any suggestions that would be appreciated for me .

As I know , this is very unexpected and wired issue and I will try to give you proper fix for this . Commonly, this type of issue occurred on the classic Nokia phone, I got the same problem back when I purchased the Nokia 6340i. I discussed to some experienced users of this device and the issue but didn't got anything related to this. When I was running with this issue and I made a contact to Cingular and they suggested me to update my IRBD and also suggested to resend my Activation. When they will do it first, then this is necessary to Power Cycle your phone and switch it off and on back . It will be better if you made any call from another phone and your wireless device is turned into Off mode. However, According to my knowledge, this is not an actual and stable solution for this problem . Just try this out and and in case, if you are not getting your phone in proper manner then I would recommend you for a New Device utilizing the Exchange By Mail option.

Hey guys ! I have same problem with my 6555. Primarily , it is assumed to be associated to me closing the phone. And I ignored this for sometimes and when I came back to work upon my phone, It is giving some wrong evaluation and it just has been more and more random. Sometimes, it looks that it is going very well and stay seems to stay on for a long time without shutting itself off. But then it will switched itself into off again and again.I really don't have any idea about this what happening and what the actual reason for this issue .

I can't explain much more about this problem but I am sure somebody have proper fix for this issue and suggest me with the effective solution for this .
    Last edited by Roasted; 02-06-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Regardless of the store from where you bought this phone, all latest 0 Nokia phones are issued with the 1 year Manufacturers Warranty, AT&T is responsible for this issue and the warranty by facilitating you with a exchanging of the phone should something fail which is running under the Manufacturer's issued Warranty. Should you planned to send the phone is for replacement through the AT&T it is maximum possible that you will need to have a refurbished devices as a replacement. There is one more option in this case and You can do it easily and send your phone to Nokia. If you are going with this option Nokia will be responsible to take the issues and attempt to resolve the issues within your device, then at they discretion send you a replacement device.

Ahhh, I really came again on this forum to get that we are not only single person running with this issue with the Nokia 6555. My son always telling me that this is switching off again and again and going on in random manner and in some cases messing up his images and having to re-load them. Obviously, I dismissed him and said that read the manual provided with that. Well he came to me with the manual and I was searching about any single statement related to the troubleshooting for particular issue. This phone was also purchased at best buy just prior to Christmas. I think, I should make a call to ATT, if he feels that this is a issue so much. I got so many suggestions from different people and everyone suggested about firmware downloads. Is this something that should happen automatically ?