Thread: Blackberry sync for calendar and contacts

Blackberry sync for calendar and contacts

In my company we have our own Exchange 2003 server hosted internally. I'm considering buying a Blackberry (probably 8900), but a matter repulses me, and I can not find an exact answer. That is my worry, as it is a small "business" we do not want to invest in a solution or Blackberry Enterprise Server to host our Exchange accounts also saw that everything works fine internally ... It remains for me the BES. But I need to have a full sync with my Exchange account at both malls, as contacts and calendar, or tasks ... Is there a way to do that with a BIS solution, a bit like ActiveSync (I mean the over the air, so no need to connect the camera to a PC via a USB cable or otherwise). Otherwise just tell me how to do sync for calendar and contacts in Blackberry and I will try to do the rest of things.

Re: Blackberry sync for calendar and contacts

It seems to me that the site offers the soft blackberry BES free but limited number of users. You can configure dervish on your exchange server. I think that you should go for the Google Apps Connector for BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Using it can prove to a greater advantage of Google Apps used in conjunction with BlackBerry. Package integrates Google Apps messaging with BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) and allows employees to use the integrated applications of BlackBerry to access email, calendar and contacts for Google Apps.

• Google Calendar :
      You can synchronize information in Google Calendar with the BlackBerry calendar, so if you add new appointments from your phone or computer, provided you to a calendar date. To download and install Google Sync for free, visit m.google.com / sync from the BlackBerry web browser.
    • Contacts :
      Google Sync now also offers automatic bidirectional synchronization between Address Book built into the BlackBerry and Google Apps contacts wirelessly. To use Google Sync, or upgrade from an earlier version, visit m.google.com / sync from the BlackBerry browser.
    • Google Docs :
      If you want to view your documents and spreadsheets when you're on your PC, you can access Google Docs from the BlackBerry web browser. Just visit docs.google.com / a / example.com, but remember to replace "example.com" with your actual domain name in the address.

To download, you have two options, go to mobile.google.com/sync and download the application, or must go to m.google.com from any BlackBerry and download the complete package of applications for BlackBerry Google, which includes a very useful Search Bar, Google Maps, the Gmail 2.0 for BlackBerry application, Google Sync, and many more applications. Google recently updated some other tools to sync your phone with Google services.

Every day there are more users of different services of Google , from the form to Gmail via GReader, Calendar or docs. So, can have good experience with Google on our phones becomes critical. For each of the brands, Google developed a personalized mobile portal with tools, instructions and tutorials: BlackBerry , iPhone , Android G1 , Motorola , Nokia Standard (Nokia smartphones), Samsung , Sony Ericsson and Windows Mobile. The Gmail for Blackberry is available in 35 languages, among other things allows you to search your mail, set up multiple accounts and write or read mails offline. As for the synchronization with Google Calendar is much more simple. The iPhone easily syncs Calendar in Blackberry also for T-Mobile G1 will not have to do almost anything, and Windows Mobile devices are not major problems.

Yes, you can synchronize with Outlook and then to the blackberry Gmail if you want. It does not work, Hotmail does not pop server, as has already been said. Also the names pop and pop3 are not recorded on the field hotmail.com. The problem is that Microsoft will restrict downloading software via a Hotmail e-mail (even Outlook Express). We'll have to pay as little for it to download mails in Outlook only.

I was fine doing exactly what is written above: not "finish" sync with my logic. I click on the green button "synchronize", it starts but once 90% of the progress bar, it hangs indefinitely ... The Blackberry displays the small icon, however much "Ordi-GSM" indicating that sync is short but it only takes a few seconds, then returns to the clock display, as if the sync was over. In short, I still think that this type of text is not meant to be used on a Mac as easily as can be an iphone, where everything just flows from the beginning. So, it makes me feel to be back on a PC that should always tweak all sorts of update, plugins, and manipulation "of computer" all that a smartphone to synchronize a computer.