Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Android - SMS App does not open

Portable Devices

Old 01-06-2010

Android - SMS App does not open

Hi,
Whenever I click on the (standard) way to start SMS program, goes to a black screen and there is an error. The application of SMS / MMS has been terminated unexpectedly. Try again! I find this quite wired and tasteless, as "try again" does nothing at all - to start the program neither new nor the G1. So I ask you to tell me to do what I need to write again to receive SMS.

Old 01-06-2010

Re: Android - SMS App does not open

Test times an SMS alternative app, such as hand cents. Starts and also displays all your SMS, then you pull times SMS Backup & Restore (the app I can highly recommend!) Safe and all your SMS. Start again hand cents and delete all the threads / SMS, and try if it starts your default app again, if so play back the backup.
Old 01-06-2010

Sounds like when the could have adopted SMS database? Install time the backup app, and try to get a backup, then you can look in the backup, if your SMS is still there. I do not have much hope, however. If the Backup SMS in the yet to recognize "his", one could try to remove the corrupt DB and then play back the backup.
Old 01-06-2010

SMS database and this will disappear just like that? I have no idea about this. In any case says backup-app "database or disk is full", although I still have 11mb free phone memory, so what normally should be enough, right? Under settings / custom / sms by the way is that the sms consume only 8 kb. What can I do now so that I can just write and receive sms again? Any more information on this is appreciated. Thank you.
Old 01-06-2010

Since you do not know what device is a rooted, just leave it. I am of the opinion that one should know if you want to do it. So hence you will probably remain only a hard reset. How much did you have about SMS in your memory? There are probably too many problems with SMS.
Old 11-06-2010

Please Delete times other caches (Market, Youtube, browser, etc.), or your SD card is full / broken? The App Backup creates the backup to the SD card. Alternatively you will have a backup of all your important data and then a hard reset.
Old 14-06-2010

That the sms-writing simply does not work, listens but after a considerable gap in the system to. Rooted device what is that exactly and how I get to? Would perform a hard reset, I really only useful when there is no other possibility would be more

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,