Thread: Configuring Mail on nokia e52

Configuring Mail on nokia e52

Hello,
    I set up my email addresses on my new Nokia E52 and am trying to retrieve my messages / emails, but this is not quite working for me. Is that you can help me with this, probably a configuration problem, guess so. If you have the configuration for this then please post. Thank you.

Re: Configuring Mail on nokia e52

Hello, I got to configure my mailbox on my E71 Pro (using the normal config for my outlook), I receive mail perfectly but impossible to send an idea of what happens?? On the outgoing mail should I use the config for the server orange? Any more help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Step1. Configure access point. Menu - Tools - Settings - Connection - Access points - Option - New Access Point - Connection name (SL2 SFR) - Carrier Data (Data Packet) - Access Point Name (sls2sfr) - Name of user (I have none) - Password (if you want to) - Authentication (secure) - Homepage.

Step 2. Configure the letter-box.
    Incoming e-mail. Username (xxxxxxx@hotmail.com) - Password (that of your mailbox) - Server mail incoming (pop3.live.com) - Access Point to operate but holds (SL2 SFR) - Mailbox name ( hotmail.com ) - Mailbox type ( POP3 ) - Port Security ( SSL / TLS ) - Port (default) - Secure login APOP (Off).

To send and receive emails, you must configure the Nokia E71 as follows;
    1) click on the Email box at the right of the Joystick
    2) go into options and select Email settings
    3) then open incoming mail settings and change the name of the incoming mail server instead of Imap.service imap.sfr.service_name
    4) go back and open outbound email, here too we must change the server name stmp.service_name
    By adopting these changes, my E71 works perfectly.
    PS: I bought two days ago at SFR
    If you're with another ISP that SFR, it is necessary to change the names of incoming and outgoing keeping the roots must IMAP and SMTP.

I have an answer for the explanation of IMAP and POP3
    Any mail server uses POP or IMAP to access messages.
    IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) is an alternative protocol to POP3 but offers many more possibilities:

* IMAP allows you to manage multiple concurrent
    * IMAP allows you to manage multiple mailboxes
    * IMAP allows mail by more criteria

Hoping to have answered at least one question

The problem on the Nokia E71 and Nokia probably other is that when you setup an email you automatically create an IMAP4 connection while you are POP3 and when you want to change the type to POP3 INMAP4 you a message that says you can not change. That is what I did and that works. You give an email address and wacky abcdef@abc.com type a password any xcbmn23 example and as he does not find the correct data it will ask you to choose between a POP3 and IMAP4. You then select POP3 and after registering the connection you can then go and change by providing the correct parameters (email address, password, incoming and outgoing ...) retain the POP3