Thread: G1 would not power on

G1 would not power on

I am running with the g1 and working very weird back, it is turning off randomly and automatically moves into on mode , and always requires restart. But currently,it is not rebooting. It is rooted and unlocked and I have tried with so many things to heal this issue and nothing found like this and taken the battery out, no sim card, entering recovery mode, turning this on with the camera and power buttons, nothing happens. The phone is not doing anything and the LED wouldn't get light up when connected into the charger. I have performed several searches on this topic but not getting any thing anywhere . How to fix this issue.!!

Re: G1 would not power on

The things that you have explained here is seems as the power tracks on your motherboard or daughter board have some damage components. The two primary reasons for this one are overclocking and moisture. You did not overclock your phone did you or run a ROM which does this in default behavior? Did you get it wet?

The only fix is to return this to HTC for maintenance. This maintenance would be provided as free if the phone is running within the same year or old even if you purchased it as second hand. However HTC may require proof of main purchase date, unless they are running with a record of the manufacture date from your IMEI number.

Hello friends! I need some help about this situation.Please help me out . I have just received G1 and unpacked that, inserted GSM sim and battery both, turned on and phone started, I declined the google sign up and turned off the phone. After sometime, I plugged it with my laptop through the USB to charge for some time but when I tried to switch on the phone, I am unable to get that back properly .Do you have any suggestion regarding this ...

For anyone out there that this is going on too let me and I think, you need to call you customer personal for the g1 is crap. I had to not only get all types of bugs but consider it out on myself . If your g-1 doesn't perform single day this is what I resolved mine:
    I have taken the battery out and then inserted that back and the sim card I let it stand for about 45 seconds. I then cleaned the inside of the device with a cloth to wipe out any components or dirt which may have caused such type of issue. Once, I replaced the sim card and the battery, I then pressed on the red key (the Turn off button) and suddenly my G-1 switched on back. trust on me and I know how frustrating it is because it took me sometime to get it to perform back. Hopefully it might support somebody who doesn't need to deal with entire muck you get when trying to find the answer.

Currently, I am working with my G1 and it switched off. This was not the first time so I think, I will just switched it back in on mode but when I did this, it would not turn into that mode. So I removed the battery and switched it off and this is not the issue related to the battery . Then after I used to connect it and find that three is no light are raising up in the leds. According to me, my G1 has been completely going at the end. I am not getting,what should I do and how would I perform this....

You should contact with the support personal of Tmobile (Just assume that you got it through them). Just explain the current problems that you have within your phone, explain the whole thing . And go through their trouble shooting script. When if you feel that it is still not performing as you wanted to then call them up or if they also agree with you then they would offer a replacement as it should be running within the warranty period . If the provided script is able to start working and you got successful with your scripts then you need not to wait for the replacement.