Thread: Moment "Approved Battery" Error

Moment "Approved Battery" Error

One of my friend is running with the problem with his device where occasionally she receives an error message which is telling that in order for the phone to perform, he has to come up with an "approved battery." There is anyone here got this issue before or someone received this since upgrading to the newest sprint update ?

Re: Moment "Approved Battery" Error

"This battery is not a approved battery. please use the approved battery".
    I am not getting what the error is this and what it is talking about ? This is the same battery that are provided with the phone. This is suddenly occurred and I have to switched off my phone and though that when I will plug it with the power then it will comes up within the proper way. I didn't removed the battery from the device ,The only thing that I have done to sprint and got the software updates. Do you all have any suggestion on this kind of error and what it is pointing for ....!!!

The error that you have described here , I didn't seen this before and I think it is just because of some power management issue. According to your post, it's looks as your battery might be going bad now and it happens just because of the providing more voltage and it got destroy. I would take this to Sprint and have them test it or need some changes now. Have you done any operation before in which, you provided more voltage to the battery.

To test for the proper result, you require to take another battery from different phone and insert that and check about the error..

As like you, there are several users complained about this issue and In the same way, I also suffering with the same issue and When I feel unable to fix this issue my own then contacted to support personal and explained about the issue and told him to replace the battery because it is no more to work now .But they decline this procedure and told me that you have to download the latest 2.1 software and that one would help to resolve your issue . You can access that software's from this location ..

Sprint Software Downloads - Smartphones - Samsung Moment with Google

As according to your suggestion, I moved on some other site having same as : Samsung i220 Code Cell Phone Accessories and Battery and got a 1600mah i220 battery which is fully supported with the Moment, Behold II, and Instinct HD. Then after, I thought that I have to take one more battery and taken after discussion with my friends, this was a small thicker, but capable to adjust with the previous battery cover and worked very well for some hours dependent on the capability of the charging , but when I moved to recharge this one then received the similar error message "..not approved".. and the charging shut down...

This happens mostly because no extended batteries are available right now for the Moment

I bought a battery for my samsung moment from an online site which had said it was. A 1440 mAh but was a 1500 and got the same error. It was very cheap. They sent me a replacement but was the same and showed same error. Last week I purchased one from adifferent seller, also claiming it was a 1440 but received a 1500. I was ready to send it back assuming it would be the same but tried using it and I did not get the error and also worked with phone charger. Also seems this battery is lasting longer than the one that came with the phone. So it seems this phone can be run by a 1500 but don't go with a cheap one