Thread: Sync Android with thunderbird

Sync Android with thunderbird

Hello,
    I have an android mobile phone and I can synchronize contacts and calendar through the gmail account, but the problem now is I want to synchronize the local mail which are saved in thunderbird. I mean to say that I need to synchronize the local mails which are in thunderbird. How can I do this, do you have any idea about this. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Sync Android with thunderbird

Hello,

You will need to just follow these steps

- Open an account with Funambol
    - install the sync application on the phone (Contacts Funambol Sync in Anroid Market)
    - enter login / password to sync the phone
    - On the PC, install the Funambol Thunderbird extension
    - Enter your login / password to synchronize with that account Funambol ons (for now just the contacts)
    - Watch the result, make the necessary corrections (presentation)
    - Synchronize the phone.

Hello,
    I would like to buy an Android phone before that and try to clarify some things. One open issue would be whether it is somehow possible to synchronize the Android calendar and contacts with Thunderbird, without having to deposit the data in Google (Google must be given not all his personal data). I have always NEN Funambol server for my Windows Mobile phone, and Thunderbird made. Sorry seems to be the Funambol client for Android but work still not so great: The 0.1 version can only contacts the 0.2-debug version. Can you help me with this.

I am also very interested in exactly this point. In a pinch for me would be an Android - Evolution sync OK. Otherwise, I can only recommend the HTC just any hero. In my opinion, better than the iPhone. Everything except contact and calendar sync works without Google in the Market and are available for every taste really good apps. Even tethering (phone as Internet use) via USB is extremely easy to

A Sync-ml server should be relatively easy to set up, and a groupware can ultimately be very useful if you want to sync to as multiple devices (laptop, netbook, PC and mobile phone). Certainly not such a simple solution like the good old Hotsync or pilot-sync with Linux (am now almost 10 year old Palm user), But it works and who one tried match NEN Palm with two computers, knows as well as to estimate a solution. I guess this is what you were looking for.

Hello,
    I would call rather try thunderbird Outlook to not die stupid and also for benefiting from a news aggregation (I do not think that it have on outlook). My problem is whether I can synchronize my Pocket PC with Thunderbird. I want to synchronize contacts, calendar and tasks. Moreover, in Thunderbird, there is indeed an agenda, or should I add Calendar??

For calendar synchronization thunderbird which is impossible, I only re-imported my Outlook calendar Lightning (creating a mail account quickly to the con genre: your email address, password: As a synchro my calendar via Outlook WDMC, Win 7 64 bit and iPAQ 214 Windows Mobile 6, it work. By cons, on my computer, I am obliged to manage my mail on thunderbird and my calendar on Outlook. I have also benefited to import my contacts from Thunderbird to Outlook so I can also sync with my PDA (beware field mapping).