Thread: Yahoo mail on WiFi

Yahoo mail on WiFi

I am running with a HTC handset (G1)and unable to use yahoo mails in some situations. My yahoo mails is able to run very well on 3g/edge but it never perform anything when The settings gets changed means It didn't work when I turned on the wifi. Do you all have any suggestion about this, why it keep happening like this ?
    Last edited by 2ndChance; 01-06-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Re: Yahoo mail on WiFi

There are something going wrong within your applied connection and you have to check the connection properly and then do what you need. According to your problem, I know it has something to make some changes with your internet or router configuration. You should check first the configuration associated with the router and then connection and can you see if you can connect somewhere else and verify it getting to work there?

Thanks for such reply, this is pretty measurement to find out the issue but actually, I am running with some different configuration. I wanted to introduce you with the other configuration of my system. I have checked my router and find that it is going very well and pretty because I have a wireless laptop and it connects very well.

I am guessing my issue and I am sure about this that when I go to sign up for yahoo on phone then it suggest me like it only able to connect though the tmobile network.

The free yahoo email (which is for the G1 Email client) only able to perform well over 3G or Edge. I didn't heard about this before and find that it does not perform the proper action when you need to go over the WiFi connection. This is simple to check by enabling and disabling the WiFi connection .

I am not sure about why T-Mobile have this unreasonable restriction on the G1. This is mostly so users will be encouraged to choose Gmail to work upon that . The G1 Email client requires to be switched as soon as possible to work upon the Wifi connection .

I am also running with the same issue and I am not getting any way to solve this issue . I have made some contact with the T-Mobile G1 support near about 4 to 5 times and there is no one to get my problems) even not getting the issue , definitely has nothing to tell me. I can't believe that there are some users are running with such issue . The complete reason that I have purchased the phone was to be able to go with the WIFI connection when ready.

I am suffering with the same issue and may be it has been asked before but I need to know the exact reason for this issue. Why I can't do this with the connection of Wifi. This is wired error for me and I am getting unable to do all that. I wanted to check my email with the wifi connections and I can't check those yahoo email from my account when I turned on the Wifi on my phone. When I wanted to access my emails, it occurs me a connect error. Anyone here faced this issue before or running with issue and have any possible solution . Please tell me something about this ???

Quote Originally Posted by Morea View Post
    I am suffering with the same issue and may be it has been asked before but I need to know the exact reason for this issue. Why I can't do this with the connection of Wifi. This is wired error for me and I am getting unable to do all that. I wanted to check my email with the wifi connections and I can't check those yahoo email from my account when I turned on the Wifi on my phone. When I wanted to access my emails, it occurs me a connect error. Anyone here faced this issue before or running with issue and have any possible solution . Please tell me something about this ???
    I didn't got this issue before and I am sure, I am running very well where as I have turned on my wifi connection. I am not running with the problem that you have currently in both of the situation and running with the same configuration ( yahoo.mail and WiFi connection).I have a WiFi connection which is configured at my home and I easily able to check my e-mail from the yahoo account and also when I use city WiFi, going very well .