Thread: Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4290 with Dual Monitors

Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4290 with Dual Monitors

I have recently bought a new ASUS M4A89GTD PRO which has been came with an ATI Radeon HD 4290 IGP. I want to ask you guys that is it possible to use Dual Monitors on ATI Radeon HD 4290. There are a VGA, DVI and HDMI inputs provided on my board so if i connect one monitor to the DVI and another to the HDMI port then will both will be working?

Re: Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4290 with Dual Monitors

If you want to run the dual display with your integrated ATI Radeon HD 4290 card then you have to either have to use the DVI port with VGA or you may use the HDMI port with the VGA but i guess you would not be able to use both of them at a time. I guess the DVI port is shared with the HDMI port because of which they cannot be used together.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I think you need to use only one of them with that of VGA. Actually it does not have support for using the both the ports at the same time, As they would have been shared with each other. If you use both the ports then only one monitor would be working instead of setting up the dual monitors.

I think it would not be possible for you to use hdmi as well dvi both in order to get the dual setup on your computer system. I suggest you to use two different cords for hdmi with that of vga or you may use it with the dvi with the vga. I should not be discussing the same thing which you have got in previous posts but i guess there is no other option which you can use here to setup the dual monitors.

I think you have got enough replies as per your query and i guess there would not be anymore solutions for the setup which you have got for running the dual monitor setup on your computer system.
    You must use any one of them at a time or you may use both of them along with the separate VGA port. But even in this case you might not be having two VGA ports.