Thread: Nexus one: No sound for SMS notification ringtone

Nexus one: No sound for SMS notification ringtone

I am having HTC Nexus One and getting awesome features with this smartphone. But from few days it showing very strange problem. I have set some sound for sms notification, but problem is that I don't hear any sound whenever I receiver any sms. I have tried all of the possible solution to resolve this issue, but noting was helpful. Please help me to resolve this Nexus One issue. I would really appreciate your any help.

Re: Nexus one: No sound for SMS notification ringtone

As per your query it sounds that you have activated the silent mode on your mobile phone and only because of that you don't hear any sound when you receiver any sms. So I would like to suggest you to make sure that you are using general mode rather than silent or meeting mode. Please try this solution and let me know if you still getting same issue or not.

I am also getting same issue with my mobile also. I am totally frustrated becasue of this problem. I also gone through various solution to resolve it, but still no success in it. I also checked my mobile profile and I am using general profile rather than silent profile. But then also I am getting issue sound problem. Does anyone posses any solution other than this.

According to me the the ringing the volume of your mobile is at mute and that cause sound issue. I recommend you to confirm that the ringing volume is not at low or at mute. You also need to make sure that you have applied ringtone to sms notification. I also suggest you to check the main volume setting do your phone.

It seems that you Nexus one might comprises any serious problem. And because of this problem you are getting sound problem for sms notification. According to me you need to contact the nearest service center of your Nexus one. I think this is the safest way to resolve this type of issue. Please try his solution.

Please review following solution to resolve your issue:
    • Check the volume setting of your mobile.
    • Don't use silent profile on your mobile.
    • Contact the service center of your mobile.

As per my experience it's very complicated to resolve this sound problem as there are many factors which may cause this issue. One of them is that you have mistakenly modified some volume setting of your phone. Or it also happened thane your mobile may comprises any speaker issue which cause this problem.