Thread: Nexus One led trackball not flasing on missed calls

Nexus One led trackball not flasing on missed calls

I have a HTC Nexus 1 and i have small problem while using this phone. Actually i have read it in the manual that the trackball LED provided in this phone should be flashing on SMS, Emails, and Missed Calls. My phone is bit different according to this manual as the Trackball LED flashes on incoming sms and an emails but it does not flashes when there are missed calls on my phone. Why so?

Re: Nexus One led trackball not flasing on missed calls

I think it should be working but there might be something wrong while your phone gets missed calls. You does not have to click anywhere and if your phone gets missed calls then only the LED light of the trackball would get flashing until you open the lock. If the lock of your phone is open and you got missed call then i guess it wont be lighting. Though i am not so sure about how that works but still this is my guess about the flashing of the trackball.

There are some settings provided in the phone in order to make your trackball LED flashing on different kind of notifications. As i have not used the HTC Nexus One, I do not know that where all the settings are and where will be the setting for the trackball LED light. Sorry but you have to search for those settings on your own.

I am not sure about it as even i have not used it but i guess the setting for the Missed Calls Notifications would be in the Call settings. You have to go to the settings then go to Call Settings and there you must be having something like Missed Call LED Notify. Similarly there would be something in the message settings and Email settings as well. You may crosscheck with them if you do not find any such Missed Call LED Notify.

I do not understand this problem as how can this happen as flashing the LED light on notifications is the only option provided in my stock phone and once you have set it ON then it would be flashing on all the notifications. I do not think that there would be something different for missed call notifications. I suggest you to check under the sound and display settings, pulse notification light.

I just found that the LED light on the trackball get lightened when i place my mobile on the desk and as soon as i kept my cell phone for charging then it just went off. I do not know the functionality of this phone but will get to know it better soon. Is this a given function in the phone or is it kind of fault.

I suggest you to reset all the factory settings on your phone and i guess this function would be enabled by default on your phone so resetting an all the function would make it clear that does your phone id working correctly or not regarding flashing the LED light while there are any missed call or any incoming messages. You have to go to the settings and there must be an option for resetting.