Thread: What you like in Nexus One

What you like in Nexus One

Google has officially launched Google Phone under the name Nexus One. The site dedicated to this new mobile phone is www.google.com/phone/ which is actually an online store to purchase this "superphone" or "ordinaryphone". We can not wait to see if the Nexus has a chance or not to dethrone the iPhone but I think this is not the case. Please share your experience what you like in Nexus One. Reply .

Re: What you like in Nexus One

The Nexus has one of the best and android is VERY effective, but the iphone is fragile like all me my cell is in my pockets, not in an art gallery on a small cushion of velvet. I need something reliable, not like the iPhone, people not even hear you on the phone. A problem of your battery, your just need to buy another and install it, not like the iphone which is impossible to change the batteries. android with no need to log in with that account with itune software and walk itune to download applications. Yes, the iPhone has 160,000 app but it is not used as much as 16,000 to android. I notice that those who have a pro-apple blindfolded before the possibility of extended the nexus one.

The Nexus One of Google has following features that i like ;
    * Andoid Flash Platform 2.1
    * Large touch screen AMOLED 3.7 "
    * 5 megapixel
    * Thousands of applications on Android Market
    * Animated Wallpapers
    * Dual microphone for high quality sound
    * 4GB MicroSD memory card included

Among the notable features of the phone, it will be noted in particular:
    * A version 2.1 of the Android system manager of new widgets and animated wallpapers
    * A new speech recognition engine
    * All programs using the API can be manipulated associated with the voice, both the Google Earth integrated a Twitter client
    * GPS software is integrated
    * The complete integration of Google Voice
    * Second microphone to capture ambient noise and cancel.

Nexus One capacitive loads a 3.7 "(WVGA 854 × 480 × 800 or 480 depending on the site), a processor Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD 8250 1Ghz with 512MB of RAM, a AFN 5MPx with the digital zoom x2 + LED flash, a microSD slot (4GB card included), WiFi (n?), GPS, Bluetooth 2.1, 3G, a compass, an accelerometer and runs on Android 2.1. Its dimensions are 119 x 59.8 x 11.5 mm for 130g, a price of $ 530 without contract.

I like the design of the Nexus One, it is not as settled as the Hero, it is rather a mat classic despite its two colors will not please everyone. It is by cons a bit bulkier than the Hero and I think that taking a hand is sometimes less well. So either we have too small hands, it is also the delicacy of the device that makes one feels worse. Regarding the buttons, I find the hold button rather misplaced, but it is a matter of taste and usually I think. By cons, as was noted Anh, the Hold switch and volume buttons are a bit too flat. So, we do not always feel very well.

It is possible to enter your login Facebook, which will enable you to retrieve photos from your contacts (this is done automatically) but if you wish, add your own contacts your facebook contacts directly on the device. You can do the same thing with additional accounts Exchange or Gmail.Note that this synchronization with Facebook is only available with version 2.1 of Android. It is, for example, cannot do the same thing with the Motorola Milestone whereas for HTC Hero, Motorola and LG Dext GW620 is the builder who added his little overcoat.
    Last edited by Akaashath; 01-06-2010 at 02:53 PM.